Germany and Brexit

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Firefly

Germany and Brexit

Post by Firefly »

I have just read that Germany says that Brexit should be PREVENTED ! It is not surprising to me that they are running scared, but what a nerve to tell us that the British have no say over their own country anymore. Sorry Dad and Granddad, you might just as well have stayed home.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Re: Germany and Brexit

Post by Jimgward »

Only it wasn't said like you've indicated, at all.....
jeba

Post by jeba »

I´m German and following German news regularly but I´ve never heard of any German politician saying something like that. Can you give a link? Or at least tell us who is alleged to have said that?
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I think you are getting in a flap over nothing. He's basically saying the EU should try and convince the UK to stay. He isn't saying the UK should be forced to stay.

Besides, how could the EU force the UK to stay?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Who knows, I only posted what was reported.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:29 pm Who knows, I only posted what was reported.

Jackie
Got a link?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

There were some UK papers, like the Independent, posted an article which was obviously not as 'reported' in terms of language....

German business was urging Germany to pressure the EU for trade agreements for the UK and said that it wasn't too late for the UK to remain.... certainly wouldn't have said Germany should PREVENT the Uk from leaving..... Also, it wasn't Germany government, it was industry there and overall a favourable article for Brexit terms...
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

WHL

Shane posted it !