Nigel Farage hired by FOX News

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Lynsab

Re: Nigel Farage hired by FOX News

Post by Lynsab »

Hitler spoke his mind too...look where that got us.

I am looking at the US me and many millions of others hoping Trump gets bored soon and puts others in charge...oh wait a minute, that could be even worse.. Glad I'm not American :(
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:11 pm Nigel Farage is an odious man. He is an embarrassment to the UK.
Explain exactly why he is an embarrassment to the whole of the UK given that millions voted for him...?

I think what you mean is that he doesn't agree with your world view...?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I know exactly what I meant.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

Lynsab wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 pm Hitler spoke his mind too...look where that got us.

I am looking at the US me and many millions of others hoping Trump gets bored soon and puts others in charge...oh wait a minute, that could be even worse.. Glad I'm not American :(
Are you seriously comparing Farage to Hilter ......if you have got an arguement ??

Oh wait ...you're the one who flounced off another forum in a blaze of glory because people did not agree with you..now I understand .
Last edited by Jersey on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:47 pm I know exactly what I meant.
Well then you have fucked-up the whole forum because it is apparently based on your view of politics and nobody elses...

So rather like CL JIm if you think something is right it is right...?
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Lynsab
I feel sad for you that you seem unable to express your dislike of certain people without resorting to vitriolic outbursts. Katie Hopkins, Donald Trump, now Nigel Farage - whoever next?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

cyprusgrump wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:57 pm
Well then you have fucked-up the whole forum because it is apparently based on your view of politics and nobody elses...

Grow up. We can all swear.

And stop talking nonsense. Just because I express my opinion, that Nigel Farage is an odious man who is an embarrassment to the UK, it doesn't mean that I don't allow other people to express theirs. If it did, then this thread wouldn't even exist, would it?

However, if you don't like it here, nobody is forcing you to post.
Lynsab

Post by Lynsab »

:roll:
Jersey wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:54 pm
Lynsab wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 pm Hitler spoke his mind too...look where that got us.

Are you seriously comparing Farage to Hilter ......if you have got an arguement ??

Oh wait ...you're the one who flounced off another forum in a blaze of glory because people did not agree with you..now I understand .
Oh for heavens sake! :roll: Another who wants everyone one to agree with his/her thoughts OR out comes the personal stuff....sigh....after eight years on another forum I thought I'd avoid the 'same old same old' and look for something new and fresh.....hence why I came here...just a few things need dusting off and it will be IMO, so away with your personal remarks, I am still on the other forum after a troll pm I decided I didn't need to argue with some such ridiculous human beings that can't get a life wherever they live it seems....so look for reactions on a forum. What I think of Farage and other sick politicians will get put on here if rules allow, if I wish to say it you can disagree all you like, but I'll say it, I have at least 8 more years on the forum before I retire from it....getting personal means you lose the argument ...

Poppy ahhhhhh here they come from the other forum...
Katie Hopkins?
Donald Trump
Nigel Farage
All in one sorry little group .that helps to speak of them all...
But instead I'd say google it....others speak about them far better than I, I'd say hated them far better than I...but nevertheless my distaste of those individuals is felt by many.
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

Well said Dominic

Lynsab...You can add me to that list of millions that totally disagree with the polarising politics preached by those individuals,
It is surprising though that in expressing your view you stand accused of ' ranting & vitriol ' :roll: when IMO, that is precisely how those people operate themselves :?
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
Lynsab

Post by Lynsab »

You're correct Cogs, I think that one or two look for reaction by going against the majority I mean find me ONE person who thinks Katie Hopkins has written anything sensible.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:01 am

And stop talking nonsense. Just because I express my opinion, that Nigel Farage is an odious man who is an embarrassment to the UK, it doesn't mean that I don't allow other people to express theirs. If it did, then this thread wouldn't even exist, would it?

But calling somebody 'odious' isn't expressing an opinion - it is just name calling like Lynsab does all the time...

He certainly isn't odious or an embarrassment to the millions of British people that voted for him and continue to support him...
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Lynsab wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:53 am You're correct Cogs, I think that one or two look for reaction by going against the majority I mean find me ONE person who thinks Katie Hopkins has written anything sensible.
There were plenty on the other forum - and 1.7 million people buy her newspaper every day...
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Poppy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:33 am Lynsab
I feel sad for you that you seem unable to express your dislike of certain people without resorting to vitriolic outbursts. Katie Hopkins, Donald Trump, now Nigel Farage - whoever next?
Well said...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

cyprusgrump wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:06 am
Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:01 am

But calling somebody 'odious' isn't expressing an opinion - it is just name calling like Lynsab does all the time...

He certainly isn't odious or an embarrassment to the millions of British people that voted for him and continue to support him...
In my opinion he is odious. How much clearer or plainer can I be? If I was going to call him names they would be a lot more blunt than that.

And millions of people didn't vote for him. He wasn't even part of the main Leave campaign. He was an embarrassment to them. Leave won despite Farage, not because of him. When he stood in the UK elections, he lost.

Now Katie Hopkins, she has made a career out of deliberately being provocative. In a theatre, everybody loves the villain. She plays her part well, but it is not a way I would like to live my life; deliberately causing controversy.

Finally to Donald Trump, it is far too soon to tell what he will be like.Up until now he has been a joke, however, his tactics quite clearly worked as the got him elected.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:18 am And millions of people didn't vote for him. He wasn't even part of the main Leave campaign. He was an embarrassment to them. Leave won despite Farage, not because of him. When he stood in the UK elections, he lost.
Not to put too fine a point on it, if it wasn't for Nigel there wouldn't have been a Lave campaign... It was his campaigning over 20+ years and the success of UKIP in the Euro elections that forced the referendum...

And I don't suppose you followed him but he campaigned tirelessly throughout, addressing packed meetings all over the country and taking his message to thousands of people.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The referendum wasn't forced. It was a political gamble by David Cameron.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:58 am The referendum wasn't forced. It was a political gamble by David Cameron.
Which he wouldn't have taken had it not been for the huge support of UKIP and his fear that many of his MPs would defect...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

So how come UKIP only have one MP?

The referendum showed us that many more people wanted to leave the EU than wanted to vote for UKIP and Farage.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:11 am So how come UKIP only have one MP?

The referendum showed us that many more people wanted to leave the EU than wanted to vote for UKIP and Farage.
How come the SNP have 56...?

First Past the Post system is the answer...

UKIP = 4 millions votes, 1 MP

SNP = 1½ million votes, 56 MPs

Lib Dems = 2½ million votes, 8 MPs

etc.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

cyprusgrump wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:25 am
Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:11 am So how come UKIP only have one MP?

How come the SNP have 56...?

First Past the Post system is the answer...

UKIP = 4 millions votes, 1 MP

SNP = 1½ million votes, 56 MPs

Lib Dems = 2½ million votes, 8 MPs

etc.
Those figures would be relevent if we were discussing electoral reform, but we aren't. If every person who voted to leave also voted for UKIP, they would have won the UK election. But the fact is that many more people wanted to leave the EU than wanted to vote for UKIP and Farage.