Nigel Farage hired by FOX News

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
johnoddy

Re: Nigel Farage hired by FOX News

Post by johnoddy »

*johnoddy; last seen hiding in the Olive Tree, waiting for the coast to clear and avoiding the naughty step!
Keo? anybody?
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Mines a carlsberg John, with a haggis meze on the side!

Wallace
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

cyprusgrump wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:47 pm
Conoflex wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:46 pm They might not want him as a son in law or even like him as person, but they must have liked what he said and what he stood for surely and that is how you assess a politicians "popularity".

I have never met the guy, so I can't comment on his personality but if he was as unpopular as some on here state surely we would never have voted to Leave :lol:
I was lucky enough to bump into him in The Westminster Arms and have a beer with him. :)
I just remembered actually... :o

When I met him in The Westminster Arms he was drinking with a black man, or man of colour or whatever you are allowed to say this week... :roll:

Not such a racist perhaps...? :lol:
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

cyprusgrump wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:25 pm
cyprusgrump wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:47 pm
Conoflex wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:46 pm They might not want him as a son in law or even like him as person, but they must have liked what he said and what he stood for surely and that is how you assess a politicians "popularity".

I have never met the guy, so I can't comment on his personality but if he was as unpopular as some on here state surely we would never have voted to Leave :lol:
I was lucky enough to bump into him in The Westminster Arms and have a beer with him. :)
I just remembered actually... :o

When I met him in The Westminster Arms he was drinking with a black man, or man of colour or whatever you are allowed to say this week... :roll:

Not such a racist perhaps...? :lol:
I think the technical term is ..............

.servant ........
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

Jersey - together with the "darkies" comment I am not sure whether you are trying to
shock, think it's funny or simply have forgotten what century you are in.

It's sad but not funny!

Cheers

Steve
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

Steve - SJD wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:08 am Jersey - together with the "darkies" comment I am not sure whether you are trying to

It's sad but not funny!

Cheers

Steve
Ironic !
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

Jersey wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:48 am
Steve - SJD wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:08 am Jersey - together with the "darkies" comment I am not sure whether you are trying to

It's sad but not funny!

Cheers

Steve
Ironic !
Steve did you buy a house here from a developer ..if so I bet you a pound to a penny they have maids ..that is worse than my throw away comments which if you don't get I am sorry ..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

CyprusGrump

When did you change your name ?

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

He didn't. cyprusgrump and I have been playing with the board word censor settings. I am sure things will turn to normal when the playing stops. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Firefly wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:54 pm cypruschump

When did you change your name ?

Jackie
Oh I didn't... :roll:

Dominic thinks that the word Remöaners, a conflation of 'Moaning Remainers' (like Tim Farron for instance) should be banned from the board for some reason...

He has added the word to the forum swear filter so that every time somebody types 'Remöaners' the system changes it to 'Remainers'...

I've got around it on several occasions (I've been playing with phpBB swear filers for over ten years) and as a punishment he has added a rule whereby CyprusGrümp is changed to Cypruschump...

Hilarious really... :roll:
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

CG

Yes I saw the 'remoaners' post, but changing names ?? What's that all about. :o

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Firefly wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:24 pm CG

Yes I saw the 'Remainers' post, but changing names ?? What's that all about. :o

Jackie
You'd need to address that to Dominic who apparently finds 'Remöaners' offensive but calling a member a 'chump' not so much... :roll:

Not that it bothers me... :lol:
Attachments
cyprusgrump.jpg
cyprusgrump.jpg (64.58 KiB) Viewed 6219 times
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I don't find the word remoaners offensive in the slightest. I find it annoying, as it implies that the person using it finds it amusing. It was vaguely amusing when it first came out, but using it now is just passe.

So I put a word censor in to change it to "remainers". I mentioned this in a previous post, and the person who was using it didn't kick up a fuss. CyprusGrump however, saw it as a challenge, and went on a spree of using the word in a variety of censor-busting ways.

As a result of this, I added another filter to change his name from "grump" to "chump". In due course it will be deleted, but as long as CG finds it hilarious to circumvent the filters, I will find it hilarious to make him a chump.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:23 pm I don't find the word remoaners offensive in the slightest. I find it annoying, as it implies that the person using it finds it amusing. It was vaguely amusing when it first came out, but using it now is just passe.

So I put a word censor in to change it to "remainers". I mentioned this in a previous post, and the person who was using it didn't kick up a fuss. cypruschump however, saw it as a challenge, and went on a spree of using the word in a variety of censor-busting ways.

As a result of this, I added another filter to change his name from "grump" to "chump". In due course it will be deleted, but as long as CG finds it hilarious to circumvent the filters, I will find it hilarious to make him a chump.
Remöaners is in widespread use in the media - it even has its own Wiktionary page and appears in the Mcmillian Dictionary and no doubt the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary too...

...you must be as annoyed as hell! :shock:
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

Now now children, this is about my hero Nigel.
Geoff.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

cyprusgrump wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:40 pm
Dominic wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:23 pm I don't find the word remoaners offensive in the slightest. I find it annoying, as it implies that the person using it finds it amusing. It was vaguely amusing when it first came out, but using it now is just passe.

So I put a word censor in to change it to "remainers". I mentioned this in a previous post, and the person who was using it didn't kick up a fuss. cypruschump however, saw it as a challenge, and went on a spree of using the word in a variety of censor-busting ways.

Remöaners is in widespread use in the media - it even has its own Wiktionary page and appears in the Mcmillian Dictionary and no doubt the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary too...

...you must be as annoyed as hell! :shock:
Not at all. The dictionary has plenty of annoying words in it. One more won't hurt in the slightest. Besides, I would imagine that my choice of media is somewhat different to yours.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

geoffreys wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:45 pm Now now children, this is about my hero Nigel.
Geoff.
Soz. He's totes amazeballs to you. Respect.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Word
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 pm Dominic...you have the patience of a saint. Respect to you too. 8-)
Couldn't agree more Lloyd. :-)

MB

I got a wee row today though - and pretty much deserved. :-(
Last edited by Maggie B on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

Fair play Dom, I just love the banter......can we have "re-moaners" back now?