Recommended places to eat

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Zaknumber1

Recommended places to eat

Post by Zaknumber1 »

Hi I'm coming to paphos on Saturday 21st October staying at the kefalonitis apartments for 8 days am hoping for recommended places nearby to eat breakfast lunch and dinner. I enjoy curries and Chinese and open to trying anything new Don't mind a small journey in a taxi or a small walk or on the bus
Thank you
Keith
wills1965

Re: Recommended places to eat

Post by wills1965 »

Try the new Indian Street food restaurant in Kato Paphos Namaste good Indian Street food with very good reviews and not just 1 time reviewers if you know what I mean.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

I'll second wills comment. Probably the best curry house in Paphos, ever. Outstanding.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Breakfast Lunch or evening meal at the Karlina Restaurant opposite Tomb of the Kings. Just a few hundred mts from where you are staying..
Trev..
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Just to add to Trev's recommendation, I looked at the location map for Kefalonitis Apts, TOTK, on TripAdvisor just now, Keith. Upon zooming in, I can see that you'll be spoiled for choice in where to eat breakfast, lunch and evening meal locally, all within a max 5 minute stroll.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that you could try a different place three times a day over your 8 day stay, and will still not have tried them all... Worth noting that reviews mention the nice friendly service at the poolside bar, and their excellent snacks! So with a hearty breakfast inside you and leaving room for an evening meal, a snack might be all you need for lunch, LOL!

Before leaving UK at the weekend, it would be a good idea for you check the latest TA reports for the long-established Phuket Thai Chinese Restaurant just around the corner from where you are staying (which you won't fail to notice and will become an instant magnet in your mind), then make your own mind up beforehand, so as not to be disappointed...

Have a great holiday! AL :)

PS: The Namaste Indian Restaurant is next door to the Nereus Hotel in Kato Paphos. Arm yourself with a local Paphos Map from the CTO kiosk in the arrivals hall at PFO. It's an easy 20 minute stroll each way for you.
Last edited by PaphosAL on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gone but not forgotten...
William Morris

Post by William Morris »

Make sure that you have your favorite Chinese before you leave because, imo, you won't get one in Paphos.

Yes the Namaste is the best in towm, well recommended.

As for the rest of your meals .....

Just shop around.

There are hundreds of places to eat within strolling distance.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Have to semi-agree with William as regards Chinese meals in Paphos. We've had a few excellent sit down meals in the Chinese Restaurant (in years gone by, so check latest!) on the RIGHT, as you walk down Poseidonos from ATG to the harbour, just before you reach the Pizza place on the left.

There again, when wintering at the Theseas Apts, I popped around the corner into Bar St and grabbed a Chinese takeaway to eat in my room, whilst watching BBC World and Euronews on TV. Tasted okay, but a bit bland, tbh...

That night and for the next two days, I had a sickness and diahorrea bug that laid me flat out! So be careful with Chinese takeaways is good advice, I think!

AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
Zaknumber1

Post by Zaknumber1 »

Thanks I've just read the reviews on TA and the namaste sounds great would I need to book mid week ?
Am thinking of going on my scooter in the mornings for breakfast to different places to talk to different locals 1 day I'm going to go to the rugby arms as I've heard that is good and they sell the local real ale
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

By local ale, do you mean the Aphrodite's Rock ales? If so, they are excellent.

As you have a scooter you can get out and about. Be adventurous, perhaps don't stick too much to Brit type places (I am not assuming you will do, but just in case). There are some good recommendations elsewhere on this site. Paphos town centre has just had a big makeover, I would suggest strolling around up there and wandering in anywhere that takes your fancy. There are lots of quirky little eateries there that are just starting to get going again by all accounts, I hope you go and have a look.

You say you are up for anything new - so do go for it, eat different things, chat with lots of Cypriots, get a feel for real life in wonderful Cyprus. Try and get to at least one little taverna, a bit further away from the tourist places, if you can. Who knows what doors will open for you in the future?
Zaknumber1

Post by Zaknumber1 »

Thanks great advise I've not been up there before so will give it a go I love quirky
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

We are regulars at the Xiang Gong Chinese above the Rib Shack at the other end of the Paphos strip. Can highly recommend.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
June

Post by June »

Totally agree with Trev re Karlina. It's great particularly the breakfast.
Another favourite of mine which is easily missed due to it's location is Nostalgia. Coming from Kefalonitis (stayed there many times-It's very nice) to TOK Rd turn left and walk down until almost diagonal to Roman Hotel. George and Ria are very kind hosts.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Gustosos
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Zaknumber1 wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:11 pm Thanks I've just read the reviews on TA and the namaste sounds great would I need to book mid week ?
You can't book at Namaste, but don't worry, I'm sure there'll be a table available. Its doors open at 6pm, BTW. Closed for lunch.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Almost next to Nostalgia............... 3 Little Pigs

Read the reviews HERE

You won't be disappointed.
William Morris

Post by William Morris »

If I may add an alternative view.

Zak, you are here for 8 days, correct?.

Don't waste you precious time with all this eating and fannying about.

We are out here for 2 months each time and we rarely eat out.

Breakfast .... bowl of cereal, move on.

Lunch .... usually nothing but a sandwich will do.

Evening meal ...... not fussed. Anyplace with a clean kitchen.

All this eating out is vastly overrated.
WHL

Post by WHL »

William Morris wrote: โ†‘Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:33 am If I may add an alternative view.

Zak, you are here for 8 days, correct?.

Don't waste you precious time with all this eating and fannying about.

We are out here for 2 months each time and we rarely eat out.

Breakfast .... bowl of cereal, move on.

Lunch .... usually nothing but a sandwich will do.

Evening meal ...... not fussed. Anyplace with a clean kitchen.

All this eating out is vastly overrated.
I hear tap water is great with a scrap of bread :lol:
William Morris

Post by William Morris »

That is so right, WHL. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
WHL

Post by WHL »

Austin7 wrote: โ†‘Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:28 pm One of the greatest pleasures in life, eating out. Far better than sex (when you get to my age :oops: :lol: )
Ever thought of going to a Nyotaimori Resturant for something to eat. ;)
Zaknumber1

Post by Zaknumber1 »

Thanks for some great recommendations will defo try out the namaste nostalgia 3 little pigs and karlina
And I'm really looking forward to trying the real ale will be unable to do the tour though as I'm looking after a 15 son so need to not get too drunk