December

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
wills1965

December

Post by wills1965 »

My Daughter and partner are thinking of coming to Paphos for Christmas. I know the weather won't be scorching but you guys and gals give me an idea of how warm it can be around Christmas. I have tried to do some research and find it very conflicting so, if I ask how warm has it been for the last 3 years arriving Christmas Eve for a week, is it warm enough to sit out during daylight hours with a cardi. I do know the nights are cold and they are prepared for that.
Many thanks for any replies.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: December

Post by Dominic »

I went swimming in the sea on New Year's Day on the Akamas. Though I have to say, I didn't have to fight my way through any crowds.

If by Paphos, you mean Paphos City, then it will, in my limited experience, be warmer than what you would expect in Britain at the time. They do have cold snaps though. The local Cypriots will feel the cold much more than you will though. Provided you aren't caught in a downpour, a cardi will be fine.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Most years the good weather holds until Christmas. Quite often we’ve had Christmas lunch in a hotel & guests have been sunbathing & swimming.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Locals wear overcoats, while the tourists sunbath... usually sunny and warm during the day, cold at night.
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

The last three years we have spent Christmas in Cyprus, and every year we have a BBQ at home. Hopefully we will do the same this year. I would say the chances of a warm, sunny, lovely Christmas Day are pretty good.

We time our souvla by starting to cook the meat on the Cypriot BBQ, having an ouzo or three, then falling asleep in the sun as a consequence. When we wake up, the souvla is done. This method has not failed us yet but of course, there is always a first time :lol: :lol: