Hello there

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Discopants

Hello there

Post by Discopants »

Some of you may remember me as I was a regular poster years ago. Back then our daughter lived and worked in Paphos then Limassol and told us she would never leave the island as long as her job with Tui was there. Because of this we intended to move and live there upon my retirement nearly eight years ago and we were regular visitors.
When it came to the push my better half got cold feet and the move didn't happen. Just as well as it happens because my daughter was told if she wanted a promotion she would have to return to the UK and work at Head Office. I didn't think she would do this, but she did. She lived and worked in Luton for a few years but now lives a ten minute walk from us. She still works for Tui, got her promotion and she now has a little boy.
We haven't been to Paphos for about 5 years now and we had intended to visit the island with our family just last month but had to change our plans late in the day. We will be coming over in the new year to meet up with old friends.
So, we have fond memories of the island but I do not post very often as I now have little to contribute, however, I regularly look in.
Just shows how things can change and now we keep busy with two small businesses and all our family close by. This is a great forum so keep up the good work.
JimX

Re: Hello there

Post by JimX »

I remember you Discopants but you did not post on this forum, this is a recent new venture, you posted on CyprusLiving now closed for good, I do wish you luck with your life in the UK, come back and visit Cyprus again. Paphos has changed in five years you will be surprised.

Jim...
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Hi Garry. I too remember you from CL.. It is strange how things work out in life, and I am pleased that they have worked out for you :-)
Trev..
Discopants

Post by Discopants »

Yes Allesley it was CL. Another great forum. Is Allesley a village just outside of Coventry ? If so I once attended a wedding at the village church. Yes Trev I remember you well, your threads about your house build and the bathing rooms and developments at the harbour kept me amused for hours.
I will make sure when we visit to spend some days in Paphos and see how it has changed. Can I ask someone if the Land of the Kings complex on TOTK's road has been removed or is it still an eyesore ?
When we visit we will also be staying with friends at Limassol and in the Ayia Napa area.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Hi Garry,

The Land of the Kings complex on TOTK's road is still as was............... an eyesore :cry:
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I too remember you, welcome back.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Discopants

Post by Discopants »

memory man wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:55 pm Hi Garry,

The Land of the Kings complex on TOTK's road is still as was............... an eyesore :cry:
Hi Memory Man, we stayed there in 1991. It was a great complex then. You would think someone would get rid of it now wouldn't you ? Last time we were in Paphos we stayed at Atlantica Golden Beach and would pass LOTK's and wonder how it could have gone so pear shaped.
Discopants

Post by Discopants »

Our daughter had an apartment in Melania Hills Chlorakas and we stayed there. Fantastic views over to the castle from her balcony.
Loved Theo's fish restaurant on the harbour and it would take us one hour to step it out from Chlorakas to the restaurant for lunch.
We also stayed in the Aliathon for a wedding, very nice.
Had many lovely visits and we will stay next year and have a look around.
Will keep on looking in thanks for the replies.
JimX

Post by JimX »

[quote=Discopants post_id=37034 time=1507470738 user_id=151]
Yes Allesley it was CL. Another great forum. Is Allesley a village just outside of Coventry ? If so I once attended a wedding at the village church. Yes Trev I remember you well, your threads about your house build and the bathing rooms and developments at the harbour kept me amused for hours.
I will make sure when we visit to spend some days in Paphos and see how it has changed. Can I ask someone if the Land of the Kings complex on TOTK's road has been removed or is it still an eyesore ?
When we visit we will also be staying with friends at Limassol and in the Ayia Napa area.
[/quote]

Yes, I was born there 70 years ago, lovely part of Warwickshire, I do miss it in truth.

I still have a burial plot in Allesley church, will not be using it though looks like it will be Tremithousa village for me.In the not to near future please!! :geek:

jim.
Jim.
markwoods39

Post by markwoods39 »

Umm your name rings a bell :lol: Hope you & family are well Gary.
Discopants

Post by Discopants »

markwoods39 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:42 pm Umm your name rings a bell :lol: Hope you & family are well Gary.
Thanks, same to you, can't say I can remember you.
markwoods39

Post by markwoods39 »

Discopants wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:27 pm
markwoods39 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:42 pm Umm your name rings a bell :lol: Hope you & family are well Gary.
Thanks, same to you, can't say I can remember you.
You will never change Gary :lol: :lol: