Cyta

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JimX

Re: Cyta

Post by JimX »

Yes royal having a similar problem but not that severe, we are on the same Cyta grade as yourself, we were thinking of another upgrade or even a downgrade, what is the point of paying a higher cost than Cyta customers who pay less but get the same Internet speed, very odd way of upgrading, maybe they will address this and upgrade the rate we pay now, today we are off to the Cyta office to ask what is going on, we pay with the phone line €51.09 cents a month. Normally get over 10 MPs not at the moment though it has dropped to 8MPs

We should be getting at least 10 MB but Cyta speed test at 7am is this....

PING
ms
DOWNLOAD
Mbps
UPLOAD
Attachments
Fullscreen capture 22092017 071324.jpg
Fullscreen capture 22092017 071324.jpg (51.45 KiB) Viewed 4592 times
Last edited by JimX on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Royal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:21 pm Ever since the Cyta free upgrade (which didn't include me as I was on 10Mbps and remained on 10Mbps after 1 Sep) I am constantly getting buffering which I didn't experience before. The same thing happened when we were upgraded from 6Mbps to 10Mbps about 18 months ago.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
ours has been awful too. Dropped watching HD to ordinary channel, still buffering. Must phone them.As someone else said, the last "upgrade" was the same for a while. We have a new model modem.
Royal

Post by Royal »

Allesley wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:59 am Yes royal having a similar problem but not that severe, we are on the same Cyta grade as yourself, we were thinking of another upgrade or even a downgrade, what is the point of paying a higher cost than Cyta customers who pay less but get the same Internet speed?..
darrow wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:09 am
ours has been awful too. Dropped watching HD to ordinary channel, still buffering. Must phone them.As someone else said, the last "upgrade" was the same for a while. We have a new model modem.

Thank goodness it's not just us!

The period after the last upgrade (18 months ago?) was the same so I went into the Cyta shop and they arranged a new modem. It didn't make any difference so I phoned the Cyta helpline and the girl I spoke to was most helpful. She said that she could see a lot of "disconnections" on our system which clearly caused loss of signal and the buffering until we were automatically connected again. She said that she would send out an engineer, but the system improved the same day, so they must have fixed it remotely.

It looks like I'll have to go through the same routine today.

:roll:
rambo

Post by rambo »

Mark wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:34 pm From 1st September, broadband speed will increase and prices will drop.
For example my current 16mb will increase to 20mb and upload from 750 to 1mb.

Great news!
Great news for some but not for us in Kouklia village I've been onto CYTA's 132 helpline who have confirmed that, due to technical issues specific to their system in Kouklia village, the maximum download speed is 16 Mb. so my upgrade to 20Mb is not going to happen. Has anybody else who lives in Kouklia village had the same response, I was told that they would not be upgrading the system here for at least two to three years.

Paul
JimX

Post by JimX »

We have decided to go to a higher grade "Home 2000" €43.95 (includes the phone line) from the first of October a decrease in cost for 20MB, this is of course what Cyta say we will get, I look forward to an even better service. And a higher Cyta test signal, fingers crossed.

Hudswell until recently we had over 10MB and above, the test results I posted above is a recent downturn in our Broadband. Since then we have had interruption problems with streaming TV, not overly bad but annoying all the same.
Jim.
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

We used to be able to access the CYTA Speed test but now we can't, we are not with them for internet but I think this happened with their upgrade.. Back to OOKLA and they now use a server in Paphos so better than it used to be.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
JimX

Post by JimX »

As I said I will let this forum know.
Jim.
kansas

Post by kansas »

We've also stayed with CYTA despite offers from other companies. We've just been upgraded to 20mb and pay €2 less per month. So far, so good.
JimX

Post by JimX »

As promised this is our new upgrade from Cyta, from home 10000 10MB to home 20000 20 MBs worth doing as it is less cost of €2's.

Cyta reading a few minutes ago.
Attachments
Fullscreen capture 03102017 32324 PM.jpg
Fullscreen capture 03102017 32324 PM.jpg (51.97 KiB) Viewed 4382 times
Jim.
holitec

Post by holitec »

I would have expected the upload to be about 10% of the download (2Mbps0, just do not not use any cloud services that need upload - but great improvement on the previous results!

Digby