Awful sound quality on smart TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Firefly

Awful sound quality on smart TV

Post by Firefly »

We bought a smart TV two or three years ago, and the sound has always been a problem, it is muffled and 'booms' from the rear of the TV. We have changed the sound mode in the past, to try to make it clearer but no go. Now we have bought a sound bar, which is connected via the headphone socket, it is a little better, but not much. If we try to alter the sound mode on the TV, we get the message that 'this facility is not available' this also happened prior to the sound bar being connected. Please does anyone have a solution or explanation, or do we have to scrap the TV ? :o

We have just also bought a bog standard TV for our bedroom, the sound is superb, so it isn't us.

Thanks

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
JimX

Re: Awful sound quality on smart TV

Post by JimX »

Hello Jackie, hope you're well.

I had the very same problem on a large screen Sony a few years ago, the headphone socket did not make much of an improvement to my separate sound system, one of these worked for me, a Digital to Analog Audio Converter, sounds complicated but it simply plugs into the TV's sets phono out sockets (red and white socket) then you plug into your soundbar or sound system into it's headphone socket switch on adjusting the volume, the fix cost a few pounds from Amazon..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... KDL02CLV4Y

NO AUDIO LOST: Converts coaxial or optical digital audio input with high quality sound to analog stereo output over RCA or 3.5mm mini jack.
SUPPORTS ALL POPULAR SAMPLE RATES: including 192kHz/ 24bit , 96kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz and 32kHz. PCM / LPCM audio (Support). Dolby, DTS audio (not support).
SUPPORT ANY INPUT AND OUTPUT: Switch coaxial or optical input with one flick. Support speakers and headphones play simultaneously.
NO NEED TO CHARGE: AC adapter, Micro USB charging cable included enable to use continuously. Additional optical / toslink cable included.
VOLUME CONTROL DESIGN: Easy to use with volume control knob design.
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (5.61 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
Jim.
Firefly

Re: Awful sound quality on smart TV

Post by Firefly »

Hi Jim

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry I haven't replied before, but to be honest I didn't see your post until yesterday.

This may well be the answer to my problem, I'll let you know. I'm fine thanks, and hope this finds you well also.

Thanks again

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.