Broadband in the villages

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Alfie

Broadband in the villages

Post by Alfie »

Hi, we are planning a move to Cyprus, and a stable internet connection is vital for me. Is Cytanet ok? I read online reviews and some of them are middling, but they are a few years old now and I would imagine the situation has improved.
Polemi Dave

Re: Broadband in the villages

Post by Polemi Dave »

Several villages have free internet. This used to be up to 4 meg, however I think most have reduced the speed to 0.75meg - which is slow.

So you have a choice CYTA or Primetel for fixed line internet, if there are phone lines where you live. The alternative is wireless and there are number of suppliers. Generally wireless is better in the villages than in built up areas because there is much much less cross interference. We have our home and two tenanted properties on WISP wireless internet, the service is definitely good enough for TV watching, skype, Utube etc. Obviously the more you pay the greater bandwidth you get.

Both fixed line and wireless are quite acceptable these days. There will be occasional interruptions, because this is Cyprus and you have to accept that.