Cyprus Mail Proof Readers need shooting!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Cyprus Mail Proof Readers need shooting!

Post by Dominic »

http://cyprus-mail.com/2017/06/16/dr-dr ... s-complex/

I cannot believe that they could miss out the word "million" in the headline. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Re: Cyprus Mail Proof Readers need shooting!

Post by PhotoLady »

Maybe they don't have proofreaders and it's the writer who checks it over before it goes to press. In which case, the writer already knows what it's supposed to say so reads what should be there rather than the reality.

I bet Dr Dre didn't miss that tenner very much ;-)
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

It's not normally the writer of the article who writes the headlines - I understand that's more of an editorial job. :roll:
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

I do like to read the CM content, but the site has become increasingly slow to load and clunky. I believe this is partly due to them loading far too dense pictures. There is no justifiable reason why CM should take 5 times longer to load than a UK national.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

PW in Polemi wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:28 pm It's not normally the writer of the article who writes the headlines - I understand that's more of an editorial job. :roll:
As a rule, yes - but remember, "this is Cyprus" and we're talking about the Cyprus Mail too! ;-)
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

Polemi Dave wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:48 pm I do like to read the CM content, but the site has become increasingly slow to load and clunky. I believe this is partly due to them loading far too dense pictures. There is no justifiable reason why CM should take 5 times longer to load than a UK national.
Agree completely PD. I recently complained to Cyprus Mail about how long it took to load their web-page and got a very woolly reply that they were aware of the problem and were trying to do something about it, but nothing has changed so I have stopped reading the page now!