Google email problem

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Tuppence

Google email problem

Post by Tuppence »

Can anyone help bearing in mind that I’m nearer 80 than 70 & not quick on the uptake when it comes to technology!

I’ve been getting books from a particular book store for many years with no problem. This month I received an email to my laptop with my 1st ten books, no problem, but not the 2nd email with the rest of the books. Evidently some other Google customers are having the same problem.

The books are in the senders sent mail but she gets the following 2 messages:

Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

mx.google.com gave this error:
This message was blocked because its content presents a potential security issue. To review our message content and attachment content guidelines, go to https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage af79cd13be357-792ca7490dfsi116908485a.181 – gsmtp

I’ve looked at the support message but it means nothing to me!

Any help appreciated but If I can't solve the problem I’ll try SOS.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Google email problem

Post by Dominic »

Basically, the person sending you the books has been identified as a spammer, and your mail host is rejecting their emails.

Whether they are a spammer or not I couldn't tell you. Is this a legit service? If not, then this is hardly surprising.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Thank you Dominic.

The person is not a scammer, I have been getting emails/books for many years but it is a Hotmail account & perhaps it has been hacked? I will pass on your message.

I've opened an Outlook email account which hopefully will mean I'll now get my books but perhaps not if her account has been compromised.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Dominic, I have just sent messages from my new outlook account & they have been rejected so does that mean that the Hotmail account has been compromised?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Ok, I have just done some tests. It seems that gmail and yahoo are now requiring a security feature that is not yet implemented by everywhere.

The setting in question is DMARC. I have no idea what that is yet, but will investigate as it looks fairly widespread.

You can check hotmail here:

https://mxtoolbox.com/emailhealth/hotmail.com/

Compare that to yahoo:

https://mxtoolbox.com/emailhealth/yahoo.com

From your point of view, the solution will be to have your seller send the stuff to your hotmail address. I imagine it will be sorted out fairly soon, but it seems to be gmail and yahoo that are being anal.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Thank you Dominic. I have now received the books on my new account.

Greatly appreciate your help & expertise & love all the films you do, keep up the good work.