car insurance query

For all you Petrolheads out there...
boro886

car insurance query

Post by boro886 »

When i get car insurance ie comprehensive, will that cover doing paid airport transfers, or do i need to get an add on onto my insurance. I wont be doing it as a regular business only now and then to supplement our other income. Thanks
trevnhil

Re: car insurance query

Post by trevnhil »

I don't believe that ordinary comprehensive insurance will cover you "for Hire and reward'. But the best way to get a true answer is to ask your insurance company.

Trev..
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

It will already state in your POLICY document Not for HIRE or REWARD. It would cost extra.
All things are possible
boro886

Post by boro886 »

thank you
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Why not ask the brokers/insurance company?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just make sure your legally water tight, because carrying fare paying passengers is treading on thin ice here in Cyprus.
josef k

Post by josef k »

In doing paid airport transfers you are acting as a taxi. This is illegal unless you have a taxi licence and voids any motor insurance you have.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

But suely not paid as per a taxi but just a contribution to the running cost of the vehicle as a way of saying thank you. Paid as well before setting off. simple.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

No its running a taxi....thats why I said cover your back...legally your not allowed to drive anyone for payment without a licence..and the way things work here, Cyprus is so small ''people will get to hear about it in no time....apparently you need a professional driving licence, to carry passengers and the ability to take a test in the Greek language.....O by the way did I mention the Taxi driving Mafia, who dont take kindly to expats earning a bit of pocket money on the side.
emgee

Post by emgee »

If ever we took anyone to the airport.................we always tell the Lady in the party that she is our daughter (diffrent surnames) and never give us any money outside the terminal. That is, of course, if ever we took anyone to the airport.

Alan
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

WHL wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:38 pm No its running a taxi....thats why I said cover your back...legally your not allowed to drive anyone for payment without a licence..and the way things work here, Cyprus is so small ''people will get to hear about it in no time....apparently you need a professional driving licence, to carry passengers and the ability to take a test in the Greek language.....O by the way did I mention the Taxi driving Mafia, who dont take kindly to expats earning a bit of pocket money on the side.
Good post.
Geoff.