Obsolete swimming pool laws poised to change

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Obsolete swimming pool laws poised to change

Post by Paphos Life »

Will be met with huge relief from smaller development complexes Following years of complaints and concerns regarding the outdated and unworkable regulations on public and some private swimming pools in Cyprus, the obsolete laws are on the brink of change. So tough have the regulations been that many complexes rented

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Obsolete swimming pool laws poised to change

Post by Kili01 »

I hope that Russel Fricks petition bears fruit! Even the possible revision of pool laws I read, isn't any answer for complexes where people either own or rent properties.and share the complex's pool. Ours complies with all the regs, having, showers, toilets and changing rooms. It is professionally maintained by our qualified pool man. But like most complexes we don't have a life guard as a) a-full time one would be too expensive,b) that's even if we could find one...
Last year our pool was officially closed. So stupid and frustrating in the hot weather.
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

" The third will encompass all others, smaller than five units which are rented to tourists or sold. "

This is the only category that doe not require a Lifeguard, now I am no expert on Complexes but sure;y most of them have more than five units and will therefor be forced to employ a Lifeguard to comply with the new regulations ? Seems to me that not much has changed.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Don’t know why this law is being enforced when a hotel with an indoor swimming pool doesn’t have a lifeguard
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
kansas

Post by kansas »

I wonder if the rule will apply to larger complexes who all have residents, i.e. none rented out.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Who knows? This swimming pool legislation is still a mess as regards larger complexes. Also ridiculous if hotels can manage to keep their pools open with-or without a lifeguard.