Wipers

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Caledonian

Wipers

Post by Caledonian »

Beware., looks like the windscreen wiper con men are operating I Lidls car park this am.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Wipers

Post by Dominic »

Shouting at them at the top of your voice can be very cathartic. Also try mentioning them to Security.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I had a set too with a couple of them, they are gypsies from Greece, I went back in the store and complained to the manager and the best he could come up with was a shrug of the shoulders, so when I went home I sent an email to the head office, about an hour later a manager from head office called me, he apologised for the local mangers response and promised to do something about it, I did mention that if they were still there I would complain to Lidl HQ in Germany that did the trick and I haven't seen one wiper scammer for a very long time in larnaca
TandC

Post by TandC »

Good tip off1

Which car park the main one or the overflow.

Which Lidls.

Did you consider calling police?
WHL

Post by WHL »

This was larnaca I am always very polite when refusing them, but on this occasion they wouldn't take a no, and wouldn't get out of the way of my car. I'm a big bloke and can handle myself even if I'm getting on a bit.
When I got out of the car they moved, but my wife was upset and you shouldn't have this crap when out shopping.
TandC

Post by TandC »

I really was posing the question to the original post from Caledonian, sorry I didnt make it clearer
Caledonian

Post by Caledonian »

They wer operating in Lidl's. In Mesogi Ave , main cat park close to the store
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

be aware of the blunt nosed wipers! :-) :-)
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Thought they’d got security at Lidl now.
Last time I saw them they were being chased off by a store member, he later was the cashier when I paid for my shopping, I said well done for getting rid of them. He just said we do our best, by the time the police get here, they’re gone.
I find a very loud “get away from my car” works quite well..with maybe some expletives thrown in!
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

The last time I encountered them they was at Sklavenitis a few days later the same bloke was at the Neon mall.
If you haven't encountered them, they damage your wipers and then try to sell you some new ones.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sadie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:12 am Thought they’d got security at Lidl now.
Last time I saw them they were being chased off by a store member, he later was the cashier when I paid for my shopping, I said well done for getting rid of them. He just said we do our best, by the time the police get here, they’re gone.
I find a very loud “get away from my car” works quite well..with maybe some expletives thrown in!
This is true. If you make as much noise as possible they back off. Noise is their biggest fear, as it attracts the attention of security.

I really laid into one of them verbally a couple of weeks ago. It was quite cathartic.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Dominic wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:02 am
This is true. If you make as much noise as possible they back off. Noise is their biggest fear, as it attracts the attention of security.

I really laid into one of them verbally a couple of weeks ago. It was quite cathartic.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

This were laughing emojis…don’t know why they changed
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:02 am

Thank goodness for Google :D

cathartic

providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis.
"crying is a cathartic release"
Ams

Post by Ams »

Devil wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:34 pm be aware of the blunt nosed wipers! :-) :-)
Brilliant! :D :D :D
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

These people are a pain! I encountered them in a carpark at Papa’s in Chloraka. He was v persistent and even tried to touch my wipers. I shouted No, then No again. My shouts attracted support from other drivers and I threatened to report him. He left at speed.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Luckily I’ve not encountered these “wiper” criminals out of curiosity what nationality are they !!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Yioula wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:08 am Luckily I’ve not encountered these “wiper” criminals out of curiosity what nationality are they !!
They are gypsis from Greece, one came up to us outside a coffee shop on the beach , tying to sell us dodgy watches and perfumes, to be fair the minute i said no thank you he moved on to another table.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:35 pm These people are a pain! I encountered them in a carpark at Papa’s in Chloraka. He was v persistent and even tried to touch my wipers. I shouted No, then No again. My shouts attracted support from other drivers and I threatened to report him. He left at speed.
I wasn´t quick enough to shout "no!" and he not only touched it, but damaged it as well to convince me that I needed new ones.