New Bus Station Finally Opens!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

New Bus Station Finally Opens!

Post by Paphos Life »

Pafos Buses today announced that the new bus stations at Kato Pafos and Tomb of the Kings were now open, and that the temporary Harbour station is closed.

Read the article and chat about it below...
memory man

Re: New Bus Station Finally Opens!

Post by memory man »

Drove past it today and it looked quite busy.
josef k

Post by josef k »

My wife just rang me to say it looks a bit chaotic with people not knowing where to go. I think a few days notice may have been sensible, as people will still be heading to the temporary station.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I passed it too this morning, noted how many buses were parked there. Like previous poster I also noticed a couple of busses in the loading area with a-number of people milling about near there.
Wonder if there are route signs to help passengers to find the right bus stop?
Someone told me that buses leave at 15 min intervals, if thats true perhaps that will help with traffic flows on the busy T-o-T.K Rd?
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

The TOTK bus station is now fully functional- they had some comms problems yesterday morning, but all resolved now, There is an electronic notice-board just in front of the main reservations kiosk denoting the arrivals and departures. Some additional information as I tried out all three depots yesterday

615:Coral Bay to TOTK. Bus pulls in at TOTK bus station then loops round and goes back to Coral Bay (does not go down to the harbour anymore)
611: From Tomb of the Kings Bus Dept to Waterpark passing through new Harbour station. You can go down to the harbour using this service and back
618: From TOTK bus station up to Karavella bus station and back
610: From Market area Old Town, (near observation platform) directly to harbour station near the Archaelogical site and back.

Nicely laid out, new smaller harbour station with a help kiosk and outside seating areas. Much safer than the previous temporary one!

Also the buses coming up from the harbour (611) and (618) now uses the rear entrance approach road, adjacent to the right of the bus station - then turns left to come through the rear of their "car park" to the front of the TOTK station to park up

All in all,it seem that after months fraught with difficulties they have managed to pull it off, especially with access into the station from TOTK main road.

Only gripe is that you cannot have a conversation with the staff in the kiosk at TOTK, as it is so noisy when there are buses pulling in just metres away.

One of the ladies had to come outside to help me- and she commented that was an issue, that needs to be looked into.
George24

Post by George24 »

They need to change the route map, as it still shows the 615 going to the harbour
George24

Post by George24 »

They have now updated the 615 & 611 bus route maps after I complained that they hadn't
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

There are still discrepancies with the route map for the 616 Coral Bay to Agious Gorgious as well as the 648 Coral Bay to Polis route

Last year in March they re-routed the 616 from the "Panagia Zalatziotissa" road where the white church is, and the cemeterys, to Akamantos Avenue
and yet there are no new bus stops in that road (even temporary ones whatsoever, apart from just one right at the top of the road outside the Golden Rose florist shop but none anywhere else in that road.

By contrast, there was about 6-7 bus stops which are still standing in the "other road" from the white church upwards to Philippos/Peyia Square which is the old route as mentioned

I phoned the bus company about this as they have left the old signs up in the previous road but not bothered to perhaps cover up the signs with a notice alerting passengers that the 616 no longer uses that road anymore.

The bus Company also said that the responsibility for replacing any new bus posts/signs was with Peyia Council- not them . Although the OSYPRA website did carry a notice of the changed routes- but not updated their maps.

Because of the increase in the use of the 616 route in the tourist season it was getting impossible to find a seat, especially in the evenings as the bus was rammed full from the Coral Bay bus stop- so they decided that they would use a 40plus seater coach instead, hence the reason for the detour/new route as the coach would not have been able to traverse the small bendy roads up to Peyia Square. Having said that,they now have a new fleet of smaller mini buses that only have 16 seats and have reverted back to using this,instead of the larger coach.

Because of the recent road works as well, the buses were also being re-routed and it is only in this last week or so that the main road up to Peyia has been opened up again

As for the 648, there are only two bus stops listed from Peyia Square down to Coral Bay- on the route map but have missed the 2 stops in Tasou Markou street opp the Costas Matis Iron Works and then two further stops down, at the bottom of the road that are also not listed