Bravo EAC

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Bravo EAC

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Many people complain how EAC works. I however was very impressed yesterday night when I had a power cut for a sudden due to rats preferring to eat the cables at my electricity box outside the house.

A electrician came along after an hour I called, together with the landlord, saying he would not touch it as it is EAC's responsibility. He phoned EAC and if you believe it or not, two servicemen appeared the next hour. They did not speak too much English, but my Greek was good enough to communicate.

I supported a short ladder and they started working.

The damage was in the box, however they had to climb up the 6 m pole in order to replace the whole cable coming from the top into the electricity box.

Luckily it was only cold last night, no wind or rain, and the guy very fit climbing like a monkey

To reconnect the cable in the dark up high was not that easy though....

They were one hour working on site and replaced also the main breaker for a new one beside other damaged items.
Just before midnight everything was done and i could switch on my air-cons again.

Max
jeba

Re: Bravo EAC

Post by jeba »

Maybe it’s a good thing if essential services aren’t privatised. The situation with Germany’s railway system speaks in favour of that claim. Since privatisation, it has gone downhill. Yes, public services are probably more expensive, but it seems that’s a price worth paying.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Thanks for sharing Max, we usually just hear people moaning about the services, I've had excellent service from cyta and the water board when I've needed them.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Likewise have had a quick response with a positive outcome when I have needed to contact EAC or CYTA in an emergency.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Generally so, but it depends on the nature of the problem. If your router, inside your house, packs up then you may have to wait three days – I did – before a bloke comes with a new router. I understand that private houses have no priority for repairs.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:59 pm Generally so, but it depends on the nature of the problem. If your router, inside your house, packs up then you may have to wait three days – I did – before a bloke comes with a new router. I understand that private houses have no priority for repairs.
My router packed up , just took it to the cyta office and they gave me a new one there and then.
Last edited by WHL on Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I've also had very good service from both EAC and Cyta.I've also been told on occasion by CYTA if my router needs replacing.i go to their office to get it which also avoids waiting. Guess it depends where you live.
The only company I had poor service from was believe it or not, G.Air. They sent a technician to view my house and then they were supposed to give me an estimate which they were supposed to send to me. But nothing further happened.☹️
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:12 pm
Devil wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:59 pm Generally so, but it depends on the nature of the problem. If your router, inside your house, packs up then you may have to wait three days – I did – before a bloke comes with a new router. I understand that private houses have no priority for repairs.
My router packed up , just took it to the cyta office and they gave me a new one there and then.
Me too.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

WHL wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:12 pm My router packed up , just took it to the cyta office and they gave me a new one there and then.
I'm housebound! To do that, I would need to pay someone for kilometres (2X25) and time.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:32 am
WHL wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:12 pm My router packed up , just took it to the cyta office and they gave me a new one there and then.
I'm housebound! To do that, I would need to pay someone for kilometres (2X25) and time.
I understand, given that. three days isn't too bad to have to wait?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Until 2020 I paid for a CYTA router with a landline.
System was upgraded (mandatory) so the landline only worked through the router which I felt was a step backwards.
So, having to wait for 3 days would have been a problem especially for those who do not have a mobile phone.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

So get a mobile phone then.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:58 am So get a mobile phone then.
I have one, but I try not to use it and I don't publish the number. I use it mainly because the bank imposes it on me. :-( :-(
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:58 am So get a mobile phone then.
Remember the Covid pandemic and the requirement to have permisson to leave your home using the SMS system?
Quite a few comments from people of all ages who had to use this system that they either shared a mobile phone or didn't have one for various reasons.

I sometimes wonder how people in this modern age would cope if their mobile phone was lost/stolen or even if their internet supplier went down for any length of time!
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

or electricity supply!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The younger generation wouldn't have to moan that it took three days for their router to be replaced.
Les Bean

Post by Les Bean »

These days life without a mobile is infuriatingly difficult and frustrating
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

As the topic changed to mobile phoning now: I remember 1987 buying a very expensive unit to have a phone in my house which was then built in the nowhere, near Neo Chorion in case of an emergency like fire or illness...

It looked mobile, however if I moved its position too much in the house I lost signal and also the battery was empty after 1/2 day without connection to the grid. I could cope with the weight of ca 4 kg though.... :lol: :lol: :lol: but when I tried to use it in the car I had no signal, all the way to Paphos...
Not to mention the costs to phone abroad, they were horrendous.

Max