Coffee Machine Recommendation

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Coffee Machine Recommendation

Post by MacManiac »

My darling wife is unhappy with the coffee at home and would like us to buy something better.

Our present machine has a water reservoir and the hot water drips through the filter where the ground coffee is situated. It takes an age to brew and is often not hot enough.

She is looking for a programmable machine, which can be set up the night before, and which will produce hot coffee reliably and reasonably quickly. She does not want a machine which uses “pods”.

Can anyone recommend something from personal experience? It would make for a happy wife, and therefore a happy life.
Oxfordboy

Re: Coffee Machine Recommendation

Post by Oxfordboy »

We have had this Bosch coffee machine for a few years now - seems to tick all your boxes and can recommend

https://www.cmcelectric.com/product/bos ... e-machine/
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Thank you. A personal recommendation is always worthwhile.
souniman

Post by souniman »

Checked online as I was interested in possibly buying one found cheapest supplier Stephanis
https://www.stephanis.com.cy/en/products/384219
HTH
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

souniman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:21 pm Checked online as I was interested in possibly buying one found cheapest supplier Stephanis
https://www.stephanis.com.cy/en/products/384219
HTH
Just 95 euros if you are a cardholder
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

Wow makes me wonder what sort of mark up are on electrical items, if one shop can ask €129 and another still making a profit at €95.....
I found similar with an identical A/C unit ,1 shop wanted €639, yet I paid €499...
Ancient History

Post by Ancient History »

Alpha Mega (at roundabout) have a Moulinex filter coffee machine (red) that seems to be programmable. It costs around €64. Have a look at it.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Thanks to all. We called into Stephanis today and picked up the Bosch. Roll on tomorrow morning.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

First cup of coffee. Outstanding and fast. Happy wife …
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

Excellent news. Does that mean the blog will get an update? 😉
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

johnandjen1 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:02 pm Excellent news. Does that mean the blog will get an update? 😉
The blog has been in abeyance for some time. My darling wife suffers from mild epilepsy and osteoporosis - not a happy combination. Unfortunately she had a fall at home and broke her hip. After a nine day stay at Paphos General, she returned home and her care needs were significant. Beside her care, there was cooking, cleaning, shopping and rehabilitation. It was and is a full-time occupation and no time for blogs or anything else.

The good news is that she was operated on by a brilliant orthopaedic surgeon in Paphos, the operation went as well as anyone could have hoped and she is improving by the day. We have had, and are still having, the services of a terrific physiotherapist in Polis. The wheelchair has been returned to the medical centre, the walking frame is stored away and only the walking stick makes a brief appearance. Her mobility has to be seen to be believed, and I am so proud of her bravery and determination.

The blog will reappear soon, I trust.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

MacManiac wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:47 am First cup of coffee. Outstanding and fast. Happy wife …
That's a relief :D :D :D