Flu/Covid

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Flu/Covid

Post by Lincoln »

"" Borrowed from another site""

Flu cases spike at same time as Covid-19 cases on the rise’
In recent weeks, Cyprus has witnessed a notable uptick in cases of
both viral and bacterial infections, indicating a potential continuation of
the trend.

Medical professionals on Thursday have reported a surge in influenza
cases, with hospitals admitting patients exhibiting severe symptoms of
both Influenza A and B.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Flu/Covid

Post by Dominic »

There is a reason they are called winter flu jabs.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have had my Flu jab and my Covid booster
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I had both jabs at the same time last October. One in each arm and had very little reaction, but have spoken to other people since. I was surprised that although some have had them, a number think they aren't necessary... time will tell.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

It has been the same in the UK, with people not taking up the offer of jabs, both flu and covid.

Without vaccine in years gone by, many of us wouldn't be here today.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

True. When my sisters and I were children, my mother took each one of us to have all the 'jabs', polio, smallpox, and the others, scarlet fever, diphtheria etc.
I find it hard to understand why these days some people refuse jabs for Covid etc. If you protect yourself from disease that's one less person who might infect others and need hospital care.
Les Bean

Post by Les Bean »

Failure to have vaccinations,due to either ignorance or believing social media lies,has resulted in a huge increase in measles in both uk and Europe
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

We have had both covid booster and our flu jabs. Also asked our doctor about a shingles vaccine and had that last week, one month after our flu jab. I remember my mum getting shingles and she was really ill and in a lot of pain which lasted years.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

A number of people I know are choosing not to have any further Covid vaccinations due to the side effects they have experienced in the days after the vaccination (number of vaccinations received varies from 2-4), with some saying the side effects are still there after a period of time and/or existing conditions have been affected.

I believe that vaccination, as with any other medical treatment or surgical procedure, is something that is up to an individual to decide - after consultation with the medical practitioner caring for them. It is not for us to judge as we do not know what underlying medical condition a person may have.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Maybe, but the majority of those who succumbed to Covid, HAD underlying medical conditions.

As for side effects, it has to be decided if it is better to cope with the side effects of the vaccine, or the effect of catching Covid.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

From personal experience the side effects of having Covid were minimal compared to the risk of having the vaccine.
I just let my immune system cope with it - I had no choice.

Yet I know people in the 60+ age group who have no underlying medical conditions at all and yet have had reactions to the vaccine which have worsened each time they had the scheduled vaccination.

Hence my view that every case has to be taken individually.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

You say that the effects of having Covid, were minimal to you. Just so we know, have you ever had Covid vaccine?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Trouble is there is so much bad pseudoscience out on the net these days that too many people are willing to believe.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Firefly wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:49 pm Maybe, but the majority of those who succumbed to Covid, HAD underlying medical conditions.

As for side effects, it has to be decided if it is better to cope with the side effects of the vaccine, or the effect of catching Covid.
Can you provide the scientific evidence to back up your statement???? I got Covid after having TWO vaccinations to prevent it. After recovery I had two more vaccinations which were awful and I will never ever have a covid vaccnation again.
All things are possible
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

COVID-19 deaths with underlying health conditions
Figures for COVID-19 deaths with underlying health conditions are available on Table 5 of the above publication. Main pre-existing causes are grouped using the ONS Leading Causes of Deaths list and International Classification of Disease version 10 blocks of causes.

With pre-existing condition: England and Wales - 45,859
With pre-existing condition: England - 43,640
With pre-existing condition: Wales -- 2156

COVID-19 deaths with no underlying health condition
Figures for COVID-19 deaths with no underlying health conditions are available on Table 5, this means where no other underlying condition was listed on the death certificate.

No pre-existing condition: England and Wales - 4476
No pre-existing condition: England - 4169
No pre-existing condition: Wales - 294

This is copied from the NHS website. Proof enough?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Firefly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:03 pm COVID-19 deaths with underlying health conditions
Figures for COVID-19 deaths with underlying health conditions are available on Table 5 of the above publication. Main pre-existing causes are grouped using the ONS Leading Causes of Deaths list and International Classification of Disease version 10 blocks of causes.

With pre-existing condition: England and Wales - 45,859
With pre-existing condition: England - 43,640
With pre-existing condition: Wales -- 2156

COVID-19 deaths with no underlying health condition
Figures for COVID-19 deaths with no underlying health conditions are available on Table 5, this means where no other underlying condition was listed on the death certificate.

No pre-existing condition: England and Wales - 4476
No pre-existing condition: England - 4169
No pre-existing condition: Wales - 294

This is copied from the NHS website. Proof enough?

Can you please show us the NHS website that you refer to TIA.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

A friend of mine with no underlying conditions in his early Fifties died from it, so he must have been one of those 4476.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lincoln

Try 'Google' the same as I did.

Dominic

I suppose the NHS website might be lying!

Both the friends of mine that died of Covid, they both had underlying health conditions.
Les Bean

Post by Les Bean »

Firefly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:55 pm Lincoln

Try 'Google' the same as I did.

Dominic

I suppose the NHS website might be lying!

Both the friends of mine that died of Covid, they both had underlying health conditions.
A link to the nhs site would be helpful as a Google search initially anyway shows thus
Screenshot_20240115-170645.png
Screenshot_20240115-170645.png (356.46 KiB) Viewed 123299 times
Les Bean

Post by Les Bean »