Uninstall PC App Store

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Firefly

Uninstall PC App Store

Post by Firefly »

I was trying to download Glary Utilities onto new laptop, seems I have downloaded PC App store by mistake, this is now bombarding my page with ads for McAfee antivirus. Cannot uninstall PC store, or get rid of McAfee page for good. Help, please, what to do ?

Thanks
Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
souniman

Re: Uninstall PC App Store

Post by souniman »

Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Many thanks for this. I'll try the methods as described.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
souniman

Post by souniman »

If they do not work try typing system restore in the search box and when you open system restore if you have restore point prior to downloading the app. Restore the system and the app will disappear.
If this does not work try REVO uninstaller I have the paid for version but there is a free trail version which should remove it
ttps://www.bing.com/search?q=revo+uninstaller& ... ORM=DEPNAV
HTH
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Souniman, the Bing uninstaller made me smile... I want to get rid of 'Bing'
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

souniman

Thank you for your help.

I am at present using my old PC, as I am unable to even use my new one, with this Mcaffee blocking my page.

Trevor

My son had the devil's own job trying to install Google Chrome on my new laptop, as Bing was being pushed at all stages. I have to say, I find it tiresome to use.

Jackie
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I, too, find Bing and Edge are totally unusable and I hate, no, sorry, Hate, even HATE them.My belief is that Microsoft are trying to be too clever by half by pretending to be into artificial intelligence. They are not even clever enough to be classed as intelligent by trying to jump on a bandwagon that doesn't even really exist. I know bugger-all about AI and I'm too bloody old to get into it. If a software I use employs AI discreetly, so much the better but if it requires the user to know about AI, then I want to forget about it.

The night before last and last night, I watched the Royal Institute lecture on AI and didn't understand half of it, even though it was designed for teenagers. The third and final episode is on tonight on BBC four at 10 PM (Cyprus time); see whether you can make more sense of it than I can. Don't be put off by the title lecture because it is fun. You may want to see the first two episodes if you are able to click on previous days.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I am baffled as to how anybody could find Edge and Bing unusable. One is a web browser, the other a search engine. To use the web browser, you type the address you want at the top of the screen, and it shows you the page. The other is a search engine. You type your phrase at the top of the page, and see the results.

Also, I would avoid any of the utilities used for cleaning PCs, especially the free ones. In this day and age, provided you aren't accessing dodgy sites (and I doubt Firefly is!) your PC should run just fine. The best way of keeping it sweet is to turn it off occasionally, after performing a shutdown. These days, most computers are put in a sleep mode and very rarely start from scratch on powerup. This is a feature designed to get you up and running in the morning quickly. However, at times it is good to let the computer go through the whole process, to clear any glitches that have crept in on the current session.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
J B

Post by J B »

All good advice Dominic

I shut down my PC every night and turn it on every morning whilst the kettle's boiling - simples

I have no thoughts on MS Edge or Bing as ....
I use Firefox as my primary browser and G Chrome as the secondary one - on the odd times that I do use Edge, I have it set to open on the Google homepage, so Bing has been confined to the dustbin
J B
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I always shut down my laptop after use, never sleep.

And no, I certainly don't use dodgy sites :lol:

I haven't even tried to use souliman's advice yet, due to pre arranged outings and visits from friends and family, but I hope for a quiet slot this afternoon, to apply myself to getting rid of this blasted McAfee ad. We shall see.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Souniman

Thank you so much for your help.

PC App Store uninstalled, McAfee gone, for good I hope!