It's a Jumbo Christmas!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

It's a Jumbo Christmas!

Post by Dominic »

Jumbo is a shop that will either inpsire joy or dread in you. To a keen shopper it is an Aladdin's Cave of Bargains. To the world-weary traveller it is a seemingly unending labyrinth with no hope of a reprieve at the end. Or something.

Anyway, Christmas is approaching, and the Halls of Jumbo have been well and truly decked. Come and see what all the fuss is about as we take a walk through the Store during the Christmas Season.

We have had to replace a big chunk of the audio due to copyright restrictions on the piped music they were playing in-store. Have no fear though, as we made sure the tunes were suitably festive.

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
fishbeardsunset

Re: It's a Jumbo Christmas!

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Superb video Dominic :D -- pity you could not not manage to show the huge Xmas tree on the ground floor- and also amazed that you filmed with hardly any shoppers about- as you would expect this place to be heaving... One minor gripe :roll: ... you didn't buy any festive goodies on offer! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

What a lot of stock, hard to believe that there's a market for all those goods in Paphos.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

(Curmudgeon on) thank you for that video, Dominic. I have never set foot inside a Jumbo and you have wonderfully confirmed exactly why I have always given it the cold shoulder. (Curmudgeon off)
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Devil wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:59 am (Curmudgeon on) thank you for that video, Dominic. I have never set foot inside a Jumbo and you have wonderfully confirmed exactly why I have always given it the cold shoulder. (Curmudgeon off)
For health reasons (breathing problems) I have never managed to get inside the entrance doors so it was good to have a 'virtual' look around Jumbo and also confirm that I don't feel I am missing out on anything.
Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

Nice video but why the rush to get around the whole shop when a nice slower walk would have been appreciated. It would have been nicer to concentrate on the Christmas decorations area and not the whole shop. However well done.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

OMG I never realised it was so large but maybe the name “Jumbo” should be a clue, thank you Dominic for enlightening me to the Jumbo store
kansas

Post by kansas »

My daughter visited Jumbo's when she came over in June and said she thought she was going to die of plastic poisoning!! I always find something to buy.....
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

kansas wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:07 pm My daughter visited Jumbo's when she came over in June and said she thought she was going to die of plastic poisoning!! I always find something to buy.....
Indeed, it is the smell of plastic that is so hazardous to my health - and that's even if I'm near the entrance/exit and the doors at Jumbo open!
ast

Post by ast »

I think Jumbo is a perfect example of the throwaway world we live in, full of old Tat.

Must be what people want though as most of the time its busy. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jumbos is a life saver for low income families, having said that I haven't set foot in there since we bought an ironing board cover from them, it was missing the ties you use for securing it to the iron board, they refused to give us a new one or a refund because we tore the polythene packaging cover. We are talking less then 5e but it was their rude staff and a matter of principle.