Paphos agrees contract for new bicycle rental network

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Paphos agrees contract for new bicycle rental network

Post by memory man »

Paphos agreed a contract for a new bicycle rental network on Monday, operated by company Nextbike.

Per the contract, Nextbike will set up a total of 11 bicycle rental stations, six in the Kato Paphos area and five in the town centre area. They will also be allowed to propose two further stations, with the exact locations to be agreed at a later date.

The contract was signed by Paphos mayor Phedon Phedonos and Nextbike director Neophytos Ioannou. It will last five years, with the option of a three-year extension.

The contract is only worth €327.25, with the creation of new bicycle rental stations to be charged at €6.54 per station. A spokesperson for the Paphos municipality told the Cyprus Mail the price was low as it was a “symbolic amount”, with the aim being not for the municipality to make money, but “to encourage cycling in Paphos”.

Nextbike already operates bicycle rental networks in Nicosia, Limassol and Ayia Napa.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2023/11/20/paph ... l-network/
Kili01

Re: Paphos agrees contract for new bicycle rental network

Post by Kili01 »

It's good idea might appeal to some young tourists, but it's pretty much the end of the summer season. It will be a brave person who will hire a push bike in winter, and with variable weather. Not to mention the volume of traffic on many often narrow roads in the town.. Also some drivers are lets say erratic in the way they drive..
Heh ho!

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

I wish other towns gad a mayor like yours , always trying to improve Paphos, I've seen these bikes all over europe, and the UK, anything that gets people out of cars must be a good thing, healthier people less pollution etc. I have a bike and i use it more in the winter then in the hot summer
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

My brother visited last week and would have just at the chance of hiring a bike for the day.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:42 pm It's good idea might appeal to some young tourists, but it's pretty much the end of the summer season. It will be a brave person who will hire a push bike in winter, and with variable weather. Not to mention the volume of traffic on many often narrow roads in the town.. Also some drivers are lets say erratic in the way they drive..
Heh ho!

Dee
I have family in Holland, and the dutch winter is a thousand times worse then cyprus, there are more bikes then people there, you see young kids to old pensioners peddling all over the place, they put us to shame.
jeba

Post by jeba »

That´s good and well. However, it would be better if they offered pedelecs. Who would want to ride a regular bike in the heat of the summer?