Access to Airports

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PolemIan

Access to Airports

Post by PolemIan »

FYI from Hermes website:

Due to additional security measures at Larnaka and Pafos airports relating to the security check procedures, passengers are requested to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before their flight’s scheduled departure time.

Moreover, following a decision by the Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works, the following are in effect: The road outside the Arrivals at Larnaka Airport will not be accessible to any vehicles other than taxis. Visitors who wish to pick up arriving passengers can do so using the road outside Departures. Also, the road outside Pafos Airport terminal building will not be accessible to any vehicles other than taxis. Visitors who wish to pick up or drop off passengers can enter the taxi parking area which is located immediately after the road leading towards the entrance of the terminal building. Drivers are requested to comply with the instructions of the Police.
wantoosoon

Re: Access to Airports

Post by wantoosoon »

the taxi parking area which is located immediately after the road leading towards the entrance of the terminal building
I think that means the red area below, though Google Maps has it tagged as rental car parking.
airport.jpg
airport.jpg (136.36 KiB) Viewed 30012 times
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

That’s my read. Will let you know later
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Just back from collecting Mrs PolemIan from Paphos. All fairly straightforward. There was a queue, around 15 mins, from the entrance to the picnic area that’s about 500m from the airport roundabout - that had all but gone on my way back so will entirely depend on the airport schedule at other times.

Once past the roundabout you get to an officer waiting in the road. You tell him you’re collecting someone and he just told me to go into car park 1 - the usual one where the payment machines and coffee hut are. Get a ticket from the machine as normal, the boss is standing waiting and off we go - 2 mins in the car park so no need to validate the ticket at the machine, just drive out.

By the look of it, I think if you were dropping someone off, that is when you get directed to the area highlighted in red in the photo above.

Ian
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Just back from collecting Mrs PolemIan from Paphos. All fairly straightforward. There was a queue, around 15 mins, from the entrance to the picnic area that’s about 500m from the airport roundabout - that had all but gone on my way back so will entirely depend on the airport schedule at other times.

Once past the roundabout you get to an officer waiting in the road. You tell him you’re collecting someone and he just told me to go into car park 1 - the usual one where the payment machines and coffee hut are. Get a ticket from the machine as normal, the boss is standing waiting and off we go - 2 mins in the car park so no need to validate the ticket at the machine, just drive out.

By the look of it, I think if you were dropping someone off, that is when you get directed to the area highlighted in red in the photo above.

Ian
Paul

Post by Paul »

This is going to be awkward for a car hire company’s at the airport.
I worked for one there and to get to the car hire car park you had to drive past the airport entrance.
So what have they done to get the hire cars to there parking site if they cannot drive around that way.
TandC

Post by TandC »

Would anyone else care to share recent experiences at Pafos Airport following the new arrangements. Tips as to how to avoid problems would be most helpful;.
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

Just aarived at Paphos airport for 1.35 flight to Stansted. Empty! 5 minutes through security, now just about to have coffee in departure lounge! Moral of the story is don't fly on a Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday if you can help it!!!
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Took my mate back to Paphos airport on Sunday 15th at approx 11:35am and apart from a few Police patrols leading up to the entrance to the airport was waived through without any problems and at the main entrance to the airport, I only saw two armed personnel officers

Otherwise,the place was virtually deserted with just a small queue for Easy Jet baggage check-ins
TandC

Post by TandC »

Looks Good. Where were you able to drop off?
TandC

Post by TandC »

Looks Good. Where were you able to drop off?
graham43

Post by graham43 »

Just got back from picking up friends at the airport. Except for not being allowed to enter the road adjacent to the terminal building, everything just as normal so parked in the short stay rather than where the Hermès website advises- Graham
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But from what I have read, if you are in the short stay car park for more than 10 minutes you will have to pay before you can get out
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:23 pm But from what I have read, if you are in the short stay car park for more than 10 minutes you will have to pay before you can get out
Trevor, after collecting the boss on Friday just a few hours after the changes were announced, I also collected some visitors on Monday evening. Since Friday they’ve made up a proper sign that effectively replaces the chap who was directing us. Zero queues in approach this time. There is a concede area with a couple of people who I imagine are there to check only taxis go into the road by the terminal building.

The sign gives you the option to turn right into the car park as normal, or left into a designated drop off / pick up area. I used the car park so can’t comment on the latter. Entered the car park at 21:33, met our friends promptly, validated the ticket at the machine on the way back to the car which gave the message “you have 15 minutes to exit”. Exited the car park at 21:45, total cost €0.

Ian
ast

Post by ast »

I have been through the airport today and no difference to normal, no extra security no quing at the entrance no car park issues, completely situation normal. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !