Health insurance for immigration

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mandria 6

Health insurance for immigration

Post by Mandria 6 »

Hello everyone. Any recommendations for reasonable priced, health insurance for immigration Thank you 😊
daveg

Re: Health insurance for immigration

Post by daveg »

As always with insurance,you pay hoping you won't need it...however,from experience, get proper health insurance cos it's Very expensive should the worse happen...wife unfortunately suffered breast cancer...cost , €10k plus, luckily we were covered by a decent insurance, not the Mickey mouse ones just to. Satisfy immigration...
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

Sorry for my ignorance but what do you need insurance for at immigration, i am applying for MUK3 and have not been asked for insurance, just worried it may be something I should have sorted.

As I flit between UK and Cyprus I manage on annual holiday insurance.

Gary.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

With annual health insurance its important to make sure how many days it will cover you for on any occasion while you are in Cyprus. For example my annual health insurance policy will cover me when abroad for up to 23 days on each occasion. But do make sure that your policy gives you comprehensive health cover, including possible stay in hospital. Should you have sudden illness or accident say. Failure to have this could be expensive.

Dee
jeba

Post by jeba »

Mandria 6 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:13 am Hello everyone. Any recommendations for reasonable priced, health insurance for immigration Thank you 😊
My daughter´s insurance from Universal costs only about € 440/year, but covers mostly hospital stays. Outpatient cover is only € 100/year (which is ok as she´s covered for that via GESY).
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Mandria 6 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:13 am Hello everyone. Any recommendations for reasonable priced, health insurance for immigration Thank you 😊
Hi, most of the insurance companies sell a very basic policy to satisfy immigration, Abbeygate were doing one for about €140.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Anyone needing insurance try and avoid these cheap ones, people will get ill, and these cheap ones arnt worth the paper their written on, beware.
WHL

Post by WHL »

jeba wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:01 am
My daughter´s insurance from Universal costs only about € 440/year, but covers mostly hospital stays. Outpatient cover is only € 100/year (which is ok as she´s covered for that via GESY).
Im guessing she has an EU passport which covers her for GESY ?
jeba

Post by jeba »

WHL wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:18 am
jeba wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:01 am
Im guessing she has an EU passport which covers her for GESY ?
Yes, she does have an EU passport, but I´m not sure whether that alone would qualify her for GESY. She was enrolled for Gesy when she got a (part-time) job.
Mandria 6

Post by Mandria 6 »

Thank-you everyone for all the advice 😊
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

we got ours from Top Quotes, it was quite cheap and it offered the basic required for immigration, although it was a few years ago now
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy