Gesy Registration Help

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mandria 6

Gesy Registration Help

Post by Mandria 6 »

Hello you lovely people. My husband and I have our S1 and Cyprus medical card. We have submitted these documents to gesy but to no avail. PLEASE ANY HELP .
trevnhil

Re: Gesy Registration Help

Post by trevnhil »

I had those documents when I registered.. But I took them to my chosen GP and they did everything for me
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:28 pm I had those documents when I registered.. But I took them to my chosen GP and they did everything for me
me too.
Louise :)
memory man

Post by memory man »

snap
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Have you sent a copy of your White Medical Card? The online application makes no mention of this in the checklist of things to send, but unless you get one and send a copy, your application will remain in limbo.
Mandria 6

Post by Mandria 6 »

Hi lovely people, thanks but have tried doing what you have all done ,but got no where. They are now telling us we cannot register with gesy because we need to have permanent residency. As we have lived here for only 18 months. We have to wait 3 years for that .so we have to renew our temporary residency for 3 years while we wait. So that's why they say we cannot join gesy.Any help or suggestions welcome 🙏🙏🙏😎
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Sadly it seems there is no way around these rules...
"Who is eligible for Gesy in Cyprus?
If you are a resident of the government controlled areas you are a GHS beneficiary if a) you are employed, or b) you have acquired permanent residence status, or c) you have been granted refugee or supplementary protection status, or d) you are a member of the family of a beneficiary or e) you are insured in another EU country"
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Brexit, don't you love it? Not.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

You don't say who has said that you have to have permanent residency. Pre Brexit & pre Gesy you didn't have to have permanent residency to get the white medical card if you had the the old equivalent of the S1 but it could be different now.
Have you tried to register using the following document?
I don't know if you will be able to open this link but if not Google "gesy registration with S1" & it will come up with the General Health System (GHS) ENROLMENT PROCESS - A STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR NON–CYPRIOT NATIONALS
file:///C:/Users/User/OneDrive/Documents/Documents/Health/20190402%20ENROLMENT_GUIDE_NONCY_FINAL.pdf
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Mandria 6 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:27 pm Hello you lovely people. My husband and I have our S1 and Cyprus medical card. We have submitted these documents to gesy but to no avail. PLEASE ANY HELP .
Why do you need to register with Gesy when you have your medical card?
Thought if you’d got your S1 & medical card then that was all you needed after pensionable age? Or have things changed?
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Yes things have changed.
You need to register with Gesy to be put on the computer system, all your records etc will be on that system and all prescriptions and appointments will be put on it. All Drs, hospitals, clinics and surgery's use this system.
I remember we had to obtain our MEU3's to be eligible to join Gesy, that usually means 5 years in Cyprus from first registration with immigration.
The OP will need to get private insurance until they obtain permanent residency.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Hi There

I'm pretty sure that when I received my medical card and had forwarded all the forms etc to Nicosia, I had to register also with my G.P and then she had to "approve" the application on "her system" otherwise I believe the status with the
GHS Beneficiary Management Department in Nicosia, Cyprus would just remain as "pending"

As soon as I received notification that my GP had approved my application, I also received an e-mail from ghs @gesy.org.cy
with a Verification Code in order to link my Beneficiary Portal account, to my Beneficiary Record. (meaning I could then access all my appointments etc on line)

I had my S1 form (sent from the Uk) and my yellow slip number at the time and that was all I needed

This all happened in June 2021, so things may have drastically altered as you have mentioned.

Hope things work out for you :