Agora Tavern (Paphos Old town)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
ast

Agora Tavern (Paphos Old town)

Post by ast »

Can anyone give feedback on this very popular tavern located in the old town, it is probally the only one in the old town i have not visited and its time i did, I know it gets great reviews.

My question to anyone who has been recently is do they only serve a Meze, for me this is not an issue but others in my group would prefer a menu offering and i was told Meze is what they serve here.

I am aware that i could riing them and ask but i was looking for peoples feedback. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Yioula

Re: Agora Tavern (Paphos Old town)

Post by Yioula »

I am under the impression that they only serve meze and that booking is essential
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Agora is without doubt our favourite place to eat. We’ve been going for years in the old venue and now in the new location that opened last spring. Yes, it’s a meze, meat or vegetarian, vegan by request in advance, thought they do a smaller version at lunchtime. We haven’t been for lunch so not sure if they do other items for lunch. The flavours are fantastic. Booking is strongly recommended.

As an alternative, the old Agora location, in Kennedy Square, is now called Ta Pinakia and is also very good. It’s menu more Greek style dishes - Greek and Cyprus meze are not entirely the same, but you can choose individual dishes to make your your own meal - a bit like in Taperix in Moutallos. Access is via a staircase only.

Ian
ast

Post by ast »

Thanks for the feedback, as i thought Meze only and I will be trying in the near future although not with my guests as their preferences are different. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !