Woodburners

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
harveywinning

Woodburners

Post by harveywinning »

We are considering installing a wood burner in our house. Before we make a decision one of things that's worrying us (apart from the cost!) is where do we get the logs from. Are they readily available and what cost are they likely to be? Any suggestions of suppliers would be appreciated. Anyone with experience of wood pellet burners? Just wondering also if there are more cost effective solutions e.g. modern air con units
Jimgym

Re: Woodburners

Post by Jimgym »

Logs are readily available from many suppliers. I can add the number of the guy I use if you want it. For log burners I highly recommend Thermodynamics on the Polis Road. They installed ours years ago and we were very happy. Their after sales care is excellent and they are reasonably priced.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

You will use a wood burner at Peyia only a couple of times in Winter. The rest of the year there is no use for it, while modern air-cons you can use all year long for cooling and heating. Smaller air-con units (9-12000 BTU) are more efficient than large ones (24000 BTU)

To get proper fire wood, more than 2 years old, can be an issue beside their high price.

Max
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Hi, we have a pellet burner in our house,find it easy to clean and cost effective, used most evenings last winter our spend on pellets was about €160.
kansas

Post by kansas »

We considered a log burner but in the end decided upon LG dual inverters that are excellent for both summer and winter. We also had solar panels installed, and this winter we will probably go for wall mounted heaters.
josef k

Post by josef k »

Jimgym wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:25 am Logs are readily available from many suppliers. I can add the number of the guy I use if you want it. For log burners I highly recommend Thermodynamics on the Polis Road. They installed ours years ago and we were very happy. Their after sales care is excellent and they are reasonably priced.
I endorse what Jimgym says. We also used Thermodymanics, who installed an inset wood burner in our existing fireplace. We use the fire on most of our evenings in during the winter. So much bette to have a real fire. Logs are available from many suppliers. The ones we get are around 100 euros for a truckload and we use between one and one and a half loads per winter.
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

We too have am inset woodburner installed by Thermodynamics., who were excellent.
We have tried a variety of wood suppliers, Homemarket are very good, but quite expensive. We have used a supplier in Polemi for the past couple of winterrs. Excellent hardwood cut to the right size. About €120-50 per truckload.