Vulnerable and elderly drivers constantly targeted in Paphos.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Vulnerable and elderly drivers constantly targeted in Paphos.

Post by memory man »

For over five years now vehicle crime is still ongoing in Paphos.

The Paphos police and Paphos mayor have all been made aware of this ongoing situation.

READ MORE
WHL

Re: Vulnerable and elderly drivers constantly targeted in Paphos.

Post by WHL »

A couple if years ago in lidls carpark A greek gypsy , was pressuring me to change my wipers, i got into the car but he refused to move , standing in front of the car luckily for me my rugby playing son , came out of the store and seeing what was going on, shoved him out of the way, he soon scuttled off.
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

Apparently it's been happening in Polis too. They seem to target the elderly and lone women.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Buy a dash cam and show the police the problem!
I have one in both front and rear windows now!!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The Police in Paphos do not see it as a problem. This was the answer I got from a Desk Sergent when I asked him about it several years ago.

Who is it in Nicosia we can complain to when we don't think Paphos police are doing their job? I would like to highlight this but it would be useful if I had the information before I did so.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:16 pm The Police in Paphos do not see it as a problem. This was the answer I got from a Desk Sergent when I asked him about it several years ago.

Who is it in Nicosia we can complain to when we don't think Paphos police are doing their job? I would like to highlight this but it would be useful if I had the information before I did so.
Get in touch with police hq nicosia and report them, we did this when a local police station didn't want to know when we reported something, we got results.

https://www.police.gov.cy/police/police ... ber%201460)%20has%20been%20operating,information%20or%20to%20make%20complaints.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

This happened to us a few days ago in the car park of Sklavenitis, opposite the Hellenic. The guy pointed at one of our tires, implying a problem, to get our attention, then tried to sell us new wipers. Aggressive and persistent. We had to shout to make him go away.
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

I always have my phone in my hand and point it at them saying I am taking your photo and reporting you to the police and really shout at them.
It has worked a couple of times, they just walked away.
Ams

Post by Ams »

Paul wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:30 pm Buy a dash cam and show the police the problem!
I have one in both front and rear windows now!!
Where did you get your dashcams from? Is there somewhere in Paphos that both sells and installs them?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Thanks WHL.
The phone number 1460 mentioned in the link WHL has given above is the The Citizen Communication Line which functions on a 24 hour basis and calls are free of charge. Well worth having it on your contact list. It can be used to report any type of incidents.
More details in the link.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I got mine from the UK when I was over there (Halfords).
It was cheaper to do that than get one here, If you know someone coming over they can put them in there hand luggage for you.
If you get them from Ebay then send them to a UK address for them to bring them over.
I have 2 Nextbase cameras installed.
:D
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Tremigirl wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:00 am I always have my phone in my hand and point it at them saying I am taking your photo and reporting you to the police and really shout at them.
It has worked a couple of times, they just walked away.
However, one person recently had the phone screen smashed when one of the men grabbed it off her.

If you are going to take photographs don't make it obvious - you may become a target.
Similarly if you are trying to phone the police, move away as there is usually one person watching - these people are very intimidating.