David Hunter faces return to Prison

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
71 Trans Am

David Hunter faces return to Prison

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Kili01

Re: David Hunter faces return to Prison

Post by Kili01 »

The reaction of certain judges to the previous court verdict is perhaps not unexpected. Although the charge is different it concerns a a British person, this time previously convicted of murder, subsequently overturned, by a different judge and with the presence of a UK barrister.. The charge reduced to manslaughter and the prisoner was released having already spent the last 18 or so months in prison. A very sad case.
But, once again when a trial concerns a Brit, there is a judge who is still determined to try to revert the original charge to murder again. Whats with the Greek Byzantine system of justice? This reminds me of the way the British girl who was gang raped was treated by the Cypriot justice a few years ago. But after her British lawyers appeal of her sentence in the High Court, in which she was acquitted, she and her family immediately left Cyprus.
Maybe David Hunter should have gone too.

Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

no! The attorney general has thrown his toys out of the pram and he is trying to reach them to get them back in. I can hope that he does not succeed. His policy of maximum contestation is exemplified by this thread and by what's going on in the social media. I don't think I could come to like the man. And I also wonder what kind of national constitution can contest the results of a court comprising three supreme-court judges.
Paul

Post by Paul »

The Attorney General might have a problem with this as Cyprus is in the EU.
http://fra.europa.eu/en/eu-charter/arti ... e-criminal
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:13 am The reaction of certain judges to the previous court verdict is perhaps not unexpected. Although the charge is different it concerns a a British person, this time previously convicted of murder, subsequently overturned, by a different judge and with the presence of a UK barrister.. The charge reduced to manslaughter and the prisoner was released having already spent the last 18 or so months in prison. A very sad case.
But, once again when a trial concerns a Brit, there is a judge who is still determined to try to revert the original charge to murder again. Whats with the Greek Byzantine system of justice? This reminds me of the way the British girl who was gang raped was treated by the Cypriot justice a few years ago. But after her British lawyers appeal of her sentence in the High Court, in which she was acquitted, she and her family immediately left Cyprus.
Maybe David Hunter should have gone too.

Dee
Im not a lawyer, but for your sake I hope no one grasses you up to the court , you are accusing the judges of being racists in their judgements, on a public forum, for all to see, I hope for your sake you have deep pockets,
Last edited by WHL on Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dee

I have to say that I agree with you, in that Mr Hunter might have been better off, leaving Cyprus after his release. It did go through my mind at the time.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Maybe he stayed in Cyprus as his wifes grave is there. Just a thought.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Yes, maybe so.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.