Fuel Prices to rise.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Fuel Prices to rise.

Post by trevnhil »

The cost of Petrol and Heating oil is set to rise considerably on the 1st of July, when the government subsidy is removed.

https://www.financialmirror.com/2023/06 ... -scrapped/
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Fuel Prices to rise.

Post by cyprusmax47 »

More important is the rise of electricity costs as it effects nearly every household, except owners of a photo-voltaic system on the roof to produce their own electricity. (PV net-metering) On top comes the penalty from EU for high CO2 emissions which will be much higher in 2023 than 2022.

Max
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Just hope the petrol stations do actually wait until 1st July. Will be topping up the car later today, after I've checked the fuel price App.

A shame the electricity subsidy couldn't have been extended until at least 31st August as we are approaching the hottest time of the year when people tend to use their airconditioners. My trusty pedestal fans do the job along with good ventilation throughout the property.

The general public should not have to pay fines incurred by the authorities for failing to meet various international agreements, particularly EU.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

We have had aircon in various properties and found that ceiling fans are the best for economy and really do work well, aircon cools you down too much and when you go out side the heat hits you like a ton of bricks.
I noticed last Sunday at the station that we use, that petrol had gone up around 3 cents.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Uncle D wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:17 am We have had aircon in various properties and found that ceiling fans are the best for economy and really do work well, aircon cools you down too much and when you go out side the heat hits you like a ton of bricks.
It's a fact that this summer hasn't been as hot as usual and don't be fooled. Once August is here we will find a different situation. Specially as you moved house to a much lower sea level (252 m) than you was living before (700 m).
I felt, since getting older, at least one air-con unit I was desperate to have in order to sleep more hours in summer when high humidity comes also to play a role. Anyhow you will find out yourself after the summer.

When the setting of the air-con is around 26-27c in high summer it will not hit you as much when leaving the house.

Max
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Well ive lived as low as Tala and as high as Tsada and various other hill villages and still find ceiling fans to be adequate.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

'When the setting of the air-con is around 26-27c in high summer it will not hit you as much when leaving the house' written by Max.

This is the setting my ENT doctor recommended to her patients - no needed to have a lower temperature.
Surprising how many people get chest infections in the summer due to air conditioners.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

26c is the setting I use when needing to use the Air conditioner. In fact, I had it on in the bedroom for this afternoon's siesta. I had the timer on for half an hour.
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I have a ceiling fan over the bed, plus the patio door to the balcony is open. I am fortunate in that the winds off the sea are usually cooler. But on still and therefore humid nights, the dehumidifier action of my aircon reduces the very uncomfortable high humidity.
I will try setting it at 26c when necessary.
Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I wonder how many people have air-cons which are cleaned and serviced every year? .lf an air con unit isn't properly maintained, cleaned and sanitised it can and does harbour bacteria, some of which can be-very harmful to health. eg Legionnaires Disease
Also flu and cold viruses...

Dee