The REAL reason to drink lemon water .... interesting video

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

The REAL reason to drink lemon water .... interesting video

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I am a big fan of drinking lemon water first thing in the morning. Specially in Cyprus where we have so many lemon trees, i think it is a good idea.

This short video had within 1 year 10M views, so perhaps you also want to watch it in order to find out how many health benefits there are...

Max
LouiseCastricum

Re: The REAL reason to drink lemon water .... interesting video

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I start each day with lemon water. Love it !
Louise :)
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Me too, and my daughter.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, I do too. But I make it warm and add a touch of locally produced honey.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I just showed my daughter this who is a Nephrologist (kidney physician) and a researcher, she said please show randomised controlled trail evidence of his claims,
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

She should address questions like that directly to the maker of the film. Alternatively, she could say what she disagrees with.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Its not that she disagrees per se more that if someone is making all these claims, ie drinking lemon with water reduces cholesterol, lowers fat in the liver etc etc, they should tell us where the evidence comes from.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I drink a mug of Hot sweet tea in the morning. Followed by two mugs of filter coffee.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

I drink ice cold tonic water with freshly squeezed lemon juice, because it is very refreshing, to lower my cholesterol i take a statin pill every day.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:12 pm Its not that she disagrees per se more that if someone is making all these claims, ie drinking lemon with water reduces cholesterol, lowers fat in the liver etc etc, they should tell us where the evidence comes from.
But much fewer people would watch it, as it would be boring for most people.

There was an old saying in publishing that every time you added an equation to the text of a book it halved the potential sales.

Imagine if a weather forecaster had to describe how they deduced each temperature etc? Devil would probably love it, but most of us would find it tedious.

Who knows, perhaps he has done a longer version too?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:42 pm
WHL wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:12 pm Its not that she disagrees per se more that if someone is making all these claims, ie drinking lemon with water reduces cholesterol, lowers fat in the liver etc etc, they should tell us where the evidence comes from.
But much fewer people would watch it, as it would be boring for most people.

There was an old saying in publishing that every time you added an equation to the text of a book it halved the potential sales.

Imagine if a weather forecaster had to describe how they deduced each temperature etc? Devil would probably love it, but most of us would find it tedious.

Who knows, perhaps he has done a longer version too?
When you are telling people that drinking lemon water will help them lower cholesterol , fatty liver etc, you have a responsibilty to back up these claims,
My daughter is worried people will believe this and not bother taking meds , resulting in serious complications, for example high cholesterol could result in heart attacks, strokes etc,
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I credit the forum members with more intelligence than that. Given that they would be on their meds because a doctor has prescribed them for them, they would only come off them if the doctor said it was ok. And the doctor would only do that after a blood test revealed that their cholesterol was way lower.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:03 pm I credit the forum members with more intelligence than that. Given that they would be on their meds because a doctor has prescribed them for them, they would only come off them if the doctor said it was ok. And the doctor would only do that after a blood test revealed that their cholesterol was way lower.
The majority of members would do as you said, unfortunately there are people who are against meds etc,, my wife had a friend who was into alternative medicine, she got breast cancer and refused all doctors advice, and went down the other route, sadly she died leaving two young kids,
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I add a large pinch of salt to every pseudo-claim around folk medicine.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Does it matter at the end of the day, if you like it, drink it. If it does you good, all the better.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Devil wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:18 am I add a large pinch of salt to every pseudo-claim around folk medicine.
As we do to your weather forecasts.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:16 pm
Dominic wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:03 pm I credit the forum members with more intelligence than that. Given that they would be on their meds because a doctor has prescribed them for them, they would only come off them if the doctor said it was ok. And the doctor would only do that after a blood test revealed that their cholesterol was way lower.
The majority of members would do as you said, unfortunately there are people who are against meds etc,, my wife had a friend who was into alternative medicine, she got breast cancer and refused all doctors advice, and went down the other route, sadly she died leaving two young kids,
But your daughter is offering up a false argument. The only person you should listen to with regards to the taking of your prescribed medicine is the doctor who prescribed it. So whether you see a film saying lemon water is good for cholesterol, with no experimental data, or whether you see one with heaps of facts, is irrelevent. If the film had an hour of data, the advice would still be the same - always consult your Doctor first.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Dominic wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:25 pm
Devil wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:18 am I add a large pinch of salt to every pseudo-claim around folk medicine.
As we do to your weather forecasts.
I haven't published any weather forecasts for nearly 2 months but, when I did, the data were generated scientifically from a host of worldwide meteorological sources, the same ones that the UK Met office uses to generate their forecasts. The big difference is that my forecasts were narrowed down to be generated on a PC, so were very locally oriented. I didn't have enough computer power to cover even the whole of Cyprus.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:28 pm
WHL wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:16 pm
But your daughter is offering up a false argument. The only person you should listen to with regards to the taking of your prescribed medicine is the doctor who prescribed it. So whether you see a film saying lemon water is good for cholesterol, with no experimental data, or whether you see one with heaps of facts, is irrelevent. If the film had an hour of data, the advice would still be the same - always consult your Doctor first.
I take your point Dominic, and your correct, you should only listen to your doctor re meds, but when someone makes such extreme claims, ( it reminded me of the old Snake oil salesman claims) then its only right for people to warn others about the false claims.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

How do we know that the claims are false? They may well be true.

If so many people drink lemon water, without seeing this video, it strikes me that it could either be, that it just tastes pleasant, or that basic instinct is telling you to drink it, who knows. Whatever, I always feel more refreshed after drinking it.