UK TV

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

UK TV

Post by WHL »

Just being nosey , what is everyone using to get their UK tv, now Film on is a pay service?.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: UK TV

Post by Devil »

http://www.uktv.media/ with MAG25x box. €6/month with HD and catchup on many English-only channels including all UK ones and some US. Sports and movies extra.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

My telly ;-)
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
josef k

Post by josef k »

For a free offering like Filmon try robssatellitetv.com. The list is effectively freeview and no buffering.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

josef k wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pm For a free offering like Filmon try robssatellitetv.com. The list is effectively freeview and no buffering.
Given up on that. I found it unreliable and clumsy. Rob has also made it clear that he intends to charge when (if) he has ironed out all the bugs. He did a good job in the light of the FilmOn charges but he has caused my blood pressure to rise, on occasion. Have now switched to IPTV with a €6/month charge, with no problems.
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Modbro, uk Turks or Zen tv on android no problems
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Clearstream android box. Pay for box then nothing else to pay. Thousands of films & TV shows plus 14 day catch-up of the main UK Channels.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We use a Mag Box 250. We are able to watch every UK channel Sky channels all Radio channels. Too many films and boxed sets. Also we have 7 day catch up for those programes that are too late to watch. We got it from Computer SOS in Chloraka.
Last edited by Lincoln on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Ive used a Kodi box, for years but watching sport was getting hit and miss...Sports Devil and the other add ons were freezing/buffering etc, a mate of mine recommended a payed service called Sportsmania,which you down load on your box/computer ... the cost is Fifty pound a year, for this you get every sport on the planet crystal clear HD, no buffering etc, when you choose a football match, they give you the option of six plus channels, Sky/BT etc and you decide what one to watch.....now that Film on has gone, im going to upgrade to Ultimate mania, along with the Sports you get all the TV channels...Discovery History..all the Sky channels etc this costs 75 pound a year... I dont have anything to do with this service just a very very happy customer.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Lincoln wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:41 pm We use a Mag Box 250. We are able to watch every UK channel Sky channels all Radio channels. Too many films and boxed sets. Also we have 14 day catch up for those programes that are too late to watch. We got it from Computer SOS in Chloraka.
That is interesting, your comment about 14 days catch up. We too get our programes from SOS computers but only have 7 days catch up, unless it has changed recently.

Trev..
Trev..
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Been using 2 Android boxes now for several years with very limited or no buffering or loss of streaming if set up right.I use the auto maintenance function which clears the cache and crash logs etc once a week and also don't keep addons I don't use which take up memory space.For Sports it's mainly Mobdro and SportsDevil , UK Turks and Freeview ... Don't see the point of paying a subscription which basically just gives me access to what I can load myself from various links and addons,,,,, again it's ones own choice ....
WHL

Post by WHL »

It costs a pound a week....for excellent viewing, I want peace of mind that im going to see a match with out any stress of searching for a good link....ive tried every add on thats out there and they dont come close. my only regret is I idnt know about this earlier.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I also use Triotech Clearstream. Mine is the cheapest box, the KODI one. Having a bit of trouble with it buffering and freezing at peak hours. Now thinking of upgrading to one of their better/ newer version boxes. I find the 'boys' very helpful and I like it that they do the updates automatically and that once the box is purchased there are no further subscription charges.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:10 pm
Lincoln wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:41 pm We use a Mag Box 250. We are able to watch every UK channel Sky channels all Radio channels. Too many films and boxed sets. Also we have 14 day catch up for those programes that are too late to watch. We got it from Computer SOS in Chloraka.
That is interesting, your comment about 14 days catch up. We too get our programes from SOS computers but only have 7 days catch up, unless it has changed recently.

Trev..
Sorry Trev that should have read 7 days. Will alter it if I can.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for the correction Lincoln.. I thought I was missing out there :-)

Trev..
Trev..
stroumbipete

Post by stroumbipete »

hello, we have 14 day catchup, thousands of box sets and movies, youtube, karioke,radio etc. the movies are the latest releases still in cinema, €25 per month, "buyglobaltv.com" 95116359, local agent
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Like LLoyd, I use Simon and pay €250 a year. I know there are cheaper, but his service is very reliable, the Program Guide is excellent and the catchup works. I have tried many others on tests and used to use NTV like many others, but found many outages and difficulty in having to pay frequently....
All in all, for me it's as much about ease of use (close to Sky) and reliability, than cost.

I have used XBMC, Apple TV, iPods, Filmon and every other combination through android kodi boxes and yes, you can get things working..... but when my missus can't use something, it's binned.... otherwise I'm an in-call support engineer....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I wonder what 'New' provider you are referring to.. I have been in contact with another member who has a recent Mag box from SOS computers. He seems to have a different set up to me as his channel numbers are not the same.
Mine are 101 BBC 1... 102 BBC 2.. 103 ITV.. and so on.. But the other member has different channel numbers.

Does the new provider just supply 7 days catch up or 14 ??

Trev..
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well fortunately for a long while now there have been no problems with our original system. The only times we have problems is when the CYTA signal drops, or goes off altogether.. But this is not the fault of the mag box of course.

Trev..
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The Aquila wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:04 am
Lincoln wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:41 pm We use a Mag Box 250. We are able to watch every UK channel Sky channels all Radio channels. Too many films and boxed sets. Also we have 7 day catch up for those programes that are too late to watch. We got it from Computer SOS in Chloraka.
Have they recommended that you move to over the "new" provider yet ?
We have just paid the next 6 months subscription this morning and no mention was given of any "NEW" provider. So whats that all about?
All things are possible