Coronation concert

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Coronation concert

Post by Devil »

Curmudgeonly mood on!

At 22:00, Cyprus time, I switched the goggle box on in the hopes of being outstandingly entertained for a little while. I had not realised that the concert was not due to start for another half hour but I sat through about 25 minutes of blah blah blah – call that entertainment?

In due course, HM, accompanied by the other HM, arrived and sat down and the "show" started. What I saw and heard was not entertaining for me. I admired the sequences done by some unfortunately handicapped persons. The so-called ballet sequence left me cold. The glimpses I got of the Royal family didn't particularly show that they were any more impressed than myself.

Then, all of a sudden, light shone through. Miss Piggy and Kermit appeared. This was the only time that I saw the king really smiling, through my own smiles.

After that, it was back to normal boredom. Then Lionel Richie came on and I thought that we were going to hear a decent song, something as good as "We Are the World" from about 40 years ago. Hope springeth eternal. After about two minutes, I switched off...

...Curmudgeonly mood off...

I went upstairs to bed and settled down there with a book and enjoyed half an hour reading, or rather rereading, "House of Cards", about which I could possibly comment!
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Coronation concert

Post by Dominic »

You weren't the target audience, thank God.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

To be fair considering the magnitude of the event, I would of thought they could of come up with some better acts then Olly Murs etc, just my opinion.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The only act I thought really sucked was the one lady who was obviously using autotune. Tiwa Savage.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Dominic wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:10 pm The only act I thought really sucked was the one lady who was obviously using autotune. Tiwa Savage.
It was rather obvious 🎤👄

I thought Bryn Terfel and Andrea Bocelli were excellent
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

I purposely missed the live performance & watched in the cold light of day. Enjoyed so far the choir orchestrated by Gareth Malone

Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Watched around half tonight on bbc iplayer. We both thought it was brilliant and are looking forward to seeing the rest. Thank goodness they have not dragged some of the aged artists that featured in previous royal concerts. Lionel Ritchie was good but it was obvious that Princess Charlotte and Prince William didn't know who he was However, he got them all dancing. The Commonweath choir were brilliant.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I agree with Devil. It was not as good as I thought it should be. The thing is if you are there watching LIVE performers it is toatly different than watching it on TV. We watched it on catch up and so were able to fast forward most of it.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Anarita John wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:25 am Watched around half tonight on bbc iplayer. We both thought it was brilliant and are looking forward to seeing the rest. Thank goodness they have not dragged some of the aged artists that featured in previous royal concerts. Lionel Ritchie was good but it was obvious that Princess Charlotte and Prince William didn't know who he was However, he got them all dancing. The Commonweath choir were brilliant.
Im sure Prince William knows who Lionel Ritchie is?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Must admit the only person I recognised was Andrea Bocelli.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Now seen it all. Sorry, I meant Prince George not Prince William. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed it and it was, for us, much more entertaining than previous royal concerts.