4 Paphos Seafront Hotels From Above

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

4 Paphos Seafront Hotels From Above

Post by Dominic »

In this film, we fly the drone from Paphos Sea Front to the SODAP Beach, taking in four lovely hotels along the way.

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Yioula

Re: 4 Paphos Seafront Hotels From Above

Post by Yioula »

I’ve stayed in the Annabelle and Almyra many many years ago they have a fabulous outlook but the Almyra has the best being previously The Paphos Beach Hotel and one of the first if not the first hotel built. Late 80s/early 90s The Alexander the Great was an excellent hotel and extremely popular with the British who stayed there year on year

Unfortunately I still can’t get my head around the tower in every background
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, the tower is a blot on the landscape! Probably it heralds the changing face of Paphos. Paphos previously was unique in the south of Cyprus as being the only resort which had no high rise development.
As there seems to be still available land for building, why does Paphos need these monstrosities?

Dee
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Yioula wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:44 pm I’ve stayed in the Annabelle and Almyra many many years ago they have a fabulous outlook but the Almyra has the best being previously The Paphos Beach Hotel and one of the first if not the first hotel built. Late 80s/early 90s The Alexander the Great was an excellent hotel and extremely popular with the British who stayed there year on year
That's correct Yioula. Paphos Beach Hotel was the first built on the Beach in 1975, just after the war. I stayed a year later in one of the bungalows one can see on the right hand side of the photo and there was already nice vegetation in the gardens as i can remember.

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

That's an amazing picture Max.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

What a nice photo! Brought back some happy memories! When we visited here in 1986, there was lots of cultivated green space, fields or orchards between Ktima Paphos and Kato Paphos.
Even in 1999 when we came to live here, Paphos was completely different, smaller, quieter, you could park anywhere. There were virtually no traffic lights, no dual carriageways and very little traffic. Very laid back and friendly, It seems to have changed now/to becone a "smart city" and expanded outwards in every direction away from the coast. That's progress!
Dee
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Max thank you for the lovely photo I came to Paphos mid 80s it’s grown so much over the years from the coast west to Akamas east to Yeroskipou north up the B7 to Tremithousa turning , it’s very noticeable when Dominic has the drone you get a totally different perspective to when you drive from a to b. Paphos today it’s a totally different place some good others not so but it’s the same World over
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

:D It's great to see that Dominic is still "droning on (and on)" 8-) absolutely SUPERB, great shots :D :D