Paphos Old Town Walk

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Paphos Old Town Walk

Post by Dominic »

I had half an hour free the other day, so I took a quick stroll around Old Town. Isn't it looking lovely these days?

Read thea article and chat about it below...

old-town-walk_masthead.jpg
old-town-walk_masthead.jpg (194.75 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
LouiseCastricum

Re: Paphos Old Town Walk

Post by LouiseCastricum »

The Café with the flowerpots at the end of the blog is actually a Hotel. It has a lovely garden area where you could have a coffee or enjoy your meals. Even if Makarios Street was very busy it was nice, cool and quiet there. Kiniras Hotel
https://kinirashotel.com/
Last edited by LouiseCastricum on Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Louise :)
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Great blog Dominic the Old Town is beginning to get a great vibe with the different coloured buildings it’s comes through in your blog
Many moons ago I stayed at The Kiniras Hotel George the owner is a great character and make a mean Brandy Sour as Louise has written it had a great garden very cool in the heat of the day to stop for some lunch but don’t have a Brandy Sour if you are driving 😉
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

I know this location well, and it has stood the test of time throughout all the renovations

But I didn’t know that they did lunch. I’ve walked past and on to Laona further down many times.

What type of food is on offer at lunchtimes?

CL
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

We’ve been walking past the Kiniras for years but never had a meal until last year when we took a couple of visiting friends for lunch. We were the only people there. Menus were produced but we were asked what sort of things we liked & a meze type meal was suggested. I can’t remember now all the dishes we had but the food was delicious & the price was very reasonable. A friend often used to take her visiting friends there for morning coffee & cake.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The Kiniras is one of the two oldest hotels in the Old Town, the other one is the Axothenia.
I am glad that when Makarios Ave was first pedestrianised and then the street was renovated a few years ago, with new drains amongst the works services carried out, the Kiniras and a few buildings immediately adjacent escaped 'the modernisation' carried out on many of the buildings around it. Instead the owner, presumably, has repainted the exterior and its wrought iron balconies and shutters. I think that it looks very nice, whereas other buildings, all had new doors and many huge glass windows fitted and have lost all their individuality..
Dee