Internet

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
vic 1

Internet

Post by vic 1 »

Hi all any body useing cyprus internet also known as dss
Are they anygood or better than bluenet
Thoughts please
Vic
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Internet

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I have a contract with them since 5 years and I am quite happy with them. Whenever there was an outage I got a email explaining the problem and apologies. On the other hand I don't know how many outages members have with different providers.
Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We use Cyta and haven't had an outage in the almost year since we got them, if you exclude downtime due to power cuts!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Vic
If your anywhere near the Universal area, and want/need a stable internet connection,
do not go with any wireless internet provider !!
Go and sign up with cyta
Al
JimX

Post by JimX »

Digby said it was because so many subscribers do not live here and need on off internet, not really worth supplying, I agree Cyta are the best option Vic..
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

And don't forget to keep an eye on the Internet section of the Paphos Life directory....
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Hudswell wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:48 am Good advice, I believe Holitec have withdrawn from that area because of the number of "unlicensed" wireless providers causing so much "Over the Air" conflict. Always always choose a wired provider if possible...technically almost nothing to choose between the main providers, service support is excellent with Primetel as I understand it is with Cyta...it usually comes down to price...but wired...always wired...if available of course.
Two weeks ago I needed a new ADSL line as I had moved. Primetel said it would take them 3 weeks, wheras Cyta installed it 2 days after I had applied for it.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I was with DSS for several years and I found them to be very good and very responsive but had to change providers due to the new owners of the property where the signal repeater that served our area was located wanting it removed so we lost the signal, I thought DSS had stopped taking any more customers as they wanted to reduce their customer base and I understand they are licensed. I've been with Netcom for over a year now and they are very reliable, good signal and not that expensive.

Jim
holitec

Post by holitec »

Hi,

The reason we do not cover the Universal area is because there are over 200 transmitters there, which causes a signal issue in that area - there are only a few frequencies available to use and cross-talk causes issues with the speeds. We do have some customers in that area, but getting the minimum 10Mb we require is almost impossible. LIcensed/Unlicensed the authorities do not care and have not done for some time, although both myself and Nigel from DSS have been trying to sort this mess out. What I will say is if DSS can get a signal to you it will be good, if we say it is ok you will receive a good service also.

Regards

Digby
J B

Post by J B »

Just had this from CYTA

OFFERS: FREE installation of Broadband Access, Broadband Telephony (Telephony Plus product) and Internet Home products.

The offers are valid for the period of 1 June - 30 June 2017 with a 12 month commitment to the services.

https://www.cyta.com.cy/build-your-package/en
J B
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Cyta are also letting Digby down in the Polemi area... The signal is so low that the mag box will not run.
So we have had to turn it off and go back to poor quality TV via the laptop.. :(

Trev..
Trev..
holitec

Post by holitec »

Trev, Cyta say it is now fixed, but will be checking over the weekend.

Digby
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Hi Digby.. Thanks for getting on to them.. Without the mag box on, we are now getting 5 to 6 mbps.. so I will but the Mag box back on for TV viewing.

Cheers. Trev..
Trev..
cyprussam

Post by cyprussam »

i changed to netcom
i like them
very good