Cyprus government says ready to send help after Turkish quake

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Re: Cyprus government says ready to send help after Turkish quake

Post by memory man »

On a positive note, the Turkish-Cypriot leader decided to accept humanitarian assistance from Greek Cypriot organisations and individuals through the United Nations.

Such assistance will go through the occupied territories and sent to Turkey as part of the disaster relief effort, while ‘authorities’ in the North will also assist in the legal investigation on the collapse of the Adiyaman hotel hosting dozens of Turkish Cypriots.
Copied from here >>> https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/news/lo ... rmed-dead/
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

It would seem that it is impossible to keep politics out of disasters! :-( :-( :-(
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I read news report on 'in Cyprus', yesterday, I think, that there is only one border crossing in use between Turkey and Syria which is in an area which was badly hit by the earthquake. North Syria is partly occupied by rebel forces. If this is true, then foreign aid is being held up there from reaching the towns destroyed by the earthquake, which includes Aleppo.

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:40 pm I read news report on 'in Cyprus', yesterday, I think, that there is only one border crossing in use between Turkey and Syria which is in an area which was badly hit by the earthquake. North Syria is partly occupied by rebel forces. If this is true, then foreign aid is being held up there from reaching the towns destroyed by the earthquake, which includes Aleppo.

Dee
Most of northern Syria is held by Turkey and its mercenaries , only they say what comes in and out.