Cyprus is under winter season's respiratory infections epidemic, hospitals already full

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Cyprus is under winter season's respiratory infections epidemic, hospitals already full

Post by Paphos Life »

Cyprus, in line with the rest of Europe, is under the winter season's respiratory infections epidemic and the upcoming holiday gatherings will be a challenge for the island's health services. The Health Ministry has already issued a statement with instructions and recommendations on how citizens should protect themselves from viruses. At the same time, the ...

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Cyprus is under winter season's respiratory infections epidemic, hospitals already full

Post by Kili01 »

I know of people who are ill or have been with all of the above, and am surprised that with full hospital wards that more isn't being done by Govt to publicise this.
I intend to be careful, and am being now. I wear a mask in supermarkets, pharmacies, the Mall etc. But most people there do not...
I hope that we won't be subject to a government edict after Christmas and are faced with lockdown type restrictions on movement again.

Dee
Jim B

Re: Cyprus is under winter season's respiratory infections epidemic, hospitals already full

Post by Jim B »

I've been really ill with it since the beginning of November and it's completely knocked the stuffing out of me. I've gone through two sets of antibiotics and I'm still struggling to brreathe; the accompanying cough nearly turns you inside out.
It's rife in the UK and our daughter arrived home from the UK full of it.
Be careful as Dee says as it ie very debilitating.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If it's a virus antibiotics won't help.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

You are right Dominic, antibiotics don’t help viruses themselves, but they do help with some secondary infections which a person may develop in addition. Such as infections of the lungs, sinuses, ears etc
Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Oh and it goes without saying Jim, Get Well Soon. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.