Prescription charges

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
josef k

Prescription charges

Post by josef k »

Before I go to my usual pharmacy and possibly cause an argument, I thought I had better seek views from you good people.

Recently I went to my pharmacy to get my usual prescription. Usually I just pay what they ask and get on with my day. However, I had need to check my Gesy beneficiary record and noted a sentence I usually skip over. To paraphrase, it said that if the pharmacist charged me more than Gesy says I should pay, then I could ask for the extra money back.

My receipt says that Gesy paid 17.81 euros toward my prescription and that I paid 10.48. My beneficiary record entry for the transaction (submitted, not pending) implies I should have paid 3.00 euros. Therefore it would seem I can claim 7.48 euros back from the pharmacist.

Have any of you got involved in this? Am I reading it right?
WHL

Re: Prescription charges

Post by WHL »

josef k wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:54 pm Before I go to my usual pharmacy and possibly cause an argument, I thought I had better seek views from you good people.

Recently I went to my pharmacy to get my usual prescription. Usually I just pay what they ask and get on with my day. However, I had need to check my Gesy beneficiary record and noted a sentence I usually skip over. To paraphrase, it said that if the pharmacist charged me more than Gesy says I should pay, then I could ask for the extra money back.

My receipt says that Gesy paid 17.81 euros toward my prescription and that I paid 10.48. My beneficiary record entry for the transaction (submitted, not pending) implies I should have paid 3.00 euros. Therefore it would seem I can claim 7.48 euros back from the pharmacist.

Have any of you got involved in this? Am I reading it right?
Why not just ask the the pharmacy what you have been charged for, im sure they will explain it for you.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Maybe the €3referred to the Generic drug that on GESY ,not the original that your pharmacy has supplied?...
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I’ve had this experience with certain drugs. On enquiring was told that the drug prescribed was more expensive than the amount covered by Gesy. Just paid the difference.
Dee