Pan Handle Trip

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jonjo

Pan Handle Trip

Post by jonjo »

Hi
I am planning another trip to the North this summer and wondered if anyone has hotel recommendations. We will start in Kyrenia and stay at the Colony (excellent) and then travel to the tip via Dipkarpaz (1 night) and back via Famagusta for 1 night. Last time we stayed in a small villa near the tip (not great) and the Salamis Conti near Famagusta (never to be revisited!). All thought welcome. On the south side of the pan handle we have seen some great looking beach huts and have also tried to book the Arkin Palm Beach before but they don't have family rooms - we are a family of 5 with 2 teenagers.

Many thanks
Jon
Poppy

Re: Pan Handle Trip

Post by Poppy »

We had a good stay at the Salamis although that must have been about 6 years ago but then the following year we stayed at the Majestic Beach Hotel in Bogaz which was absolutely terrible and yet some people had given good reviews on Trip Advisor - not sure if it is still trading. Shame because Bogaz is a nice fishing village.Have to say that since then and for various stays in different Hotels I am very wary of Trip Advisor.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

The beach huts always had great reviews on the forum in the past when it was CL.

Meals are served communally on one long table al fresco so you have to be prepared to mix with a number of other people. The huts are fairly basic but in a great position.

It's something we missed out on as we never got to stay over along the panhandle although we did stay in Kyrenia.

Should we ever decide to return to Cyprus for a holiday in the future we fully intend to spend it in the north and explore the coast there.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

LOL, I shall have to remember that one.... I love donkeys. What a great excuse for bringing one back home!
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

Don't forget to take a bag of carrots.

Pete
Arrowhire

Post by Arrowhire »

We have stayed in the Seabird Motel right on the beach. Fab place, fab beach and not expensive.