House approves proposal for free entrance to 12 museums

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

House approves proposal for free entrance to 12 museums

Post by Paphos Life »

The House of Representatives approved a proposal for the free entrance to 12 museums and for the holding of wedding ceremonies and other events at nine sites of architectural importance. ...

Read the article and chat about it below...
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: House approves proposal for free entrance to 12 museums

Post by Devil »

I like the idea of the free entrance to museums and other sites. I do not like the idea of wedding ceremonies and suchlike at places of historical or architectural importance. Which purse-holder will rake in the shekels, not just officially but also the get-rich-merchants profiting on the sidelines?
WHL

Re: House approves proposal for free entrance to 12 museums

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:03 am I like the idea of the free entrance to museums and other sites. I do not like the idea of wedding ceremonies and suchlike at places of historical or architectural importance. Which purse-holder will rake in the shekels, not just officially but also the get-rich-merchants profiting on the sidelines?
I don't have a problem with weddings taking place at historical sites, providing all care is taken , remember it will just be for the ceremony/ photo opportunity, not for a knees up party, Cypriots will not be taking part, but this concerns more tourists coming to get married here,
who profits, Cyprus profits with increased tourism, something which a great amount of locals rely on for their livelihood's, and the local authority will get money for renting out the historical sites , which will go towards local services, which alot of people often moan about.