PAPHOS AIRPORT

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mandyr

PAPHOS AIRPORT

Post by Mandyr »

Well, what a shambles last night up there (probably every night!). Parking lot full up and entrance blocked off by parked cars outside the barrier so now where do we go!! Parked up other side of the airport building near exit barriers of car park. Not in anyway blocking the road but when we arrived back at car with visitors, low and behold we had a parking ticket. What the hell is going on up there, why is the car park shut off because it’s full. We have never had a problem before over the years, why now? Besides that we have to contend with delayed flights etc, My moan for the day!!!
trevnhil

Re: PAPHOS AIRPORT

Post by trevnhil »

I can understand you moaning. There does not seem to be a clear answer.. One puzzle to me is if a person has booked to leave their car in the car park for a week, or two weeks holiday..... What the hell do they do when they find the car park cordoned off ???
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Mandyr wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:25 am Well, what a shambles last night up there (probably every night!). Parking lot full up and entrance blocked off by parked cars outside the barrier so now where do we go!! Parked up other side of the airport building near exit barriers of car park. Not in anyway blocking the road but when we arrived back at car with visitors, low and behold we had a parking ticket. What the hell is going on up there, why is the car park shut off because it’s full. We have never had a problem before over the years, why now? Besides that we have to contend with delayed flights etc, My moan for the day!!!
I think you answered your own question. Not familiar with Paphos air port but isn't there any spare land there, that they could level and use as an over spill carpark, temperaliy until they build more car parking spaces.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

When the car park is blocked off I leave the wife at the Terminal and drive up by the old Terminal as there's usually parking spaces on the left. The wife calls me when she has met our daughter and I drive back and pick them up. If there's no available parking spots available anywhere I just drive back up the airport road and pull off on one of the side roads till I get the call.
Trev
They only cordon off the entrance.
Mandyr

Post by Mandyr »

Thanks for your replies but we still think the setup at the airport is a complete unorganised mess. Why, all of a sudden, has this become a nightmare in a short period of time. It’s an emotional time for people as it’s a happy or sad time and to have all that aggravation on top is a total nightmare.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It's as others have said a shambles at PFO Airport. When I was there a few weeks ago, I noticed that a large number of taxis were parked in the former short stay car Park, plus some tour buses.The taxis used to park on the actual road to the front of the departures. They caused some road congestion there, but at least the big car park nearest to the terminal was open for short stay cars. Maybe I'm wrong, but while cars were able to park in that car park, the other roads at the airport we're much quieter.
What is needed now is a reorganization of car parking at Paphos Airport. I think that someone mentioned on here, that they saw signs indicating that land nearby was being cleared, maybe for another car park?
Dee
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

I think the sheer number of flights, a lot of them landing very close together, doesn't help the car park problem.
I hope the ground staff are well paid!

Tonights flights into Paphos
Ryanair - Venise Treviso - 19:15
Ryanair - Amman - 19:20
Jet 2 - Bristol - 19:30
Lufthansa - Munich -19:35
Ryanair - Newcastle - 20:05
Ryanair - Rome Ciampino - 20:20
British Airways - London - LGW - 20:35
Tui - Bristol - 20:45
Tus Air - Paris Cdg - 20:55
Tui - Cardiff - 20:55
Jet 2 - Newcastle - 21:40
Jet 2 - East Midlands - 21:40
Jet 2 - Edinburgh - 21:40
Ryanair - Krakow - 21:45
Jet 2 - Manchester - 21:50
Easy Jet - London - LGW - 21:55
Jet 2 - Birmingham - 22:00
Ryanair - Sofia - 22:00
Tui - Doncaster - 22:00
Tui - Birmingham - 22:30
Jet 2 - Manchester - 22:50
Tui - London - LGW - 23:20
Tui - Glasgow - 23:50
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

I flew in on the Jet2 flight from Manchester that was due to land at 21:50 on Friday 1st

Due to a delay we eventually landed just after midnight on the Saturday. Looking at my passport the stamp shows the 2nd so I’m presuming that the delay into the following day means I have gained a day on my allocation of 90 out of 180. Every cloud………

At Manchester (T2), it took over 2 hours from when I first joined the security queue to actually putting my belt back on. The longest I have ever known.

Having coming over many times since Brexit my passport is getting fuller and fuller of stamps. Not sure why this practice continues, surely they can see my in/out record on their computer?

Anyway outside Paphos airport was extremely busy on early Saturday morning. Didn’t get to the apartment until 1.30am. Fortunately there was a cold Keo waiting the fridge!
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

WHL wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:38 am
Mandyr wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:25 am Well, what a shambles last night up there (probably every night!). Parking lot full up and entrance blocked off by parked cars outside the barrier so now where do we go!! Parked up other side of the airport building near exit barriers of car park. Not in anyway blocking the road but when we arrived back at car with visitors, low and behold we had a parking ticket. What the hell is going on up there, why is the car park shut off because it’s full. We have never had a problem before over the years, why now? Besides that we have to contend with delayed flights etc, My moan for the day!!!
I think you answered your own question. Not familiar with Paphos air port but isn't there any spare land there, that they could level and use as an over spill carpark, temperaliy until they build more car parking spaces.
WHL I doubt they’d clear another area whilst they are already constructing an additional parking area (my post 23 June)
tonee

Post by tonee »

Hi
The reason the car park is full,is sheer greed by Hermes.I should imagine that 90% of that car park is long stay.When you are in arrivals waiting to pick up passengers,how many people are there?not that many.So where are the owners of the other 90% of the cars?
Sheer greed
tonee

Post by tonee »

Hi
The reason the car park is full,is sheer greed by Hermes.I should imagine that 90% of that car park is long stay.When you are in arrivals waiting to pick up passengers,how many people are there?not that many.So where are the owners of the other 90% of the cars?
Sheer greed