JCC Smart Tax Payment Rejected

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

JCC Smart Tax Payment Rejected

Post by kansas »

Have just received an email from JCC Smart, saying "Over collection - Rejected". I've checked with the bank and the payment has not been taken. This refers to 2021 Income Tax payment which was made via the tax office portal to JCC, and all appeared to go smoothly.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Lucky Lady

Re: JCC Smart Tax Payment Rejected

Post by Lucky Lady »

I had problems on Monday when I was trying to pay my 2021 tax through JCC. It also rejected me. I just came out af all sites, closed down my PC, then started again. My calculations were still on Taxinet so I tried to pay again - success! Maybe the JCC system was just overloaded. 😊
Geertruida

Post by Geertruida »

When I logged in taxisnet this morning the website said that payment through JCC was not possible.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

MOF’s tax portal says tax payment via JCC is not possible. So I registered the amount I owed on the tax portal, got a reference number for it, then used that number to pay my tax via Hellenic. Hope it works. I struggled with the same issue last year. Ended up going into the tax office and paid cash but they were not best pleased with that method. Perhaps I am missing something. Makes no sense to make paying one’s tax so tricky.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

sunspot I would appreciate simple instructions on how to get the reference number on the tax portal. I went round & round in circles & eventually gave up to try again another day!
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Like you, I went round and round. Took me forever. I made some notes. This weekend I will replicate what I did, then put the steps on this thread. But maybe others have found a better way and will tell us. Anyway I will post my method as well.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Thank you sunspot.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Tuppence, I decided to do this now so you can try it and I hope not worry any more!

Click on the My Account page.
There is a column on the top right entitled: Current Self-Taxes.
Choose your tax type from the list. Click it.
Enter the info in the fields shown.
Click the ‘I declare…..’ box, and click Submission.
I already did this once and so cannot replicate what happens next but the system should register what you owe.
Go back to the My Account page and click on the box ‘Debt Situation’.
Again, I cannot replicate this so I am relying on my notes, but you should be able to click on the word in column 1/row 1. That is the tax type you are trying to pay.
When you click on that word, a number should appear in the final column. That is the number you will need, in order to pay via your bank. Make a note of it.
If you click on the number, payment instructions should appear. For example, for some banks (including Hellenic), you must omit the hyphens.
Back on the My Account page, click on Payment Statement and choose your tax type from the dropdown box. All your previous payments should be listed there.

If someone has an easier way, I would love to know it....