Paphos Castle From Above

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Paphos Castle From Above

Post by Dominic »

In this film we fly our drone out to sea to give us a bird's eye view of Paphos Castle and the Harbour. We also catch a glimpse of the Archaeological Park.

If you are in Paphos this Sunday why not visit the Harbour Area? There is a classic car show there, which is free to enter, and promises to be a lot of fun. It starts at 10AM.

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Yioula

Re: Paphos Castle From Above

Post by Yioula »

Thank you Dominic

I must say that high rise building looks totally out of place, I’m certainly not a fan
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, it also looks hideous.... Paphos shouldn't be spoilt by a future rash of these over height buildings. Theses should be left for Nicosia & Limassol who have business districts.
Paphos is mainly a tourist resort.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You can't really comment on the appearance of a building until it is finished. Some high rises look nice. But Paphos is changing. They have big plans for the empty parts of Geroskipou. A new university is coming as well as a business park. One thing the last few years have taught people is that they shouldn't rely too much on tourism. They need more eggs in the basket.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Concerning new job vacancies, I saw just now on ''In Cyprus', that the Govt and both EAC and Cyta will both have vacancies soon. Once more more costs will be incurred by hiring more workers. So, jobs for the boys and girls who all want the guaranteed salary and the many perks which will be paid to these public employees... One contributor of articles in the Cyprus Sunday Mail called them public parasites..

Dee
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Lovely film.

I must say, all three of my children - in their 20s and 30’s absolutely love this new building and are very excited and interested about similar modernisation and the plans for Paphos. I began thinking that even if I didn’t like the idea of high rises, the young people who will be around a lot longer than me, welcome it, so I shall join in and enjoy the change.

Dee, CYTA certainly has competition now for telephone services with Cablenet and Primetel so need to be competitive. EAC I agree is a different story!

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Great aerial photography Dominic & I also like Lofus-Jan's comment. The older I get the more stuck in my ways I become & do not accept change easily It will always be the younger generation who come up with new ideas, some good & some not so but that is how life evolves
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi Jeanne,
Thanks for pointing out my mistake.I should have made it clear that I was thinking about EAC. Yes, CYTA has had some competition from some independent companies, which seems to have been a good thing. Whether they need to hire more employees now the ban on this has ended, who knows?

Dee