Car Insurance & Passports ...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Car Insurance & Passports ...

Post by WHL »

I think you will find in 74 all Brits were evacuated with or with out passport
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I have a feeling that all aliens in this country are required to have valid passports. Once the UK leaves the EU, post Brexit, this will be even more important, as we will no longer be classed as EU citizens and will become rest of the world. With those from all the 3rd world countries, all of whom must have valid passports otherwise they may be classed as illegal immigrants.. liable for deportation.

Dee
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Austin7 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:29 am What I find strange is that when we renew a UK passport it has a different number. Surely it would make more sense for the same number to follow you throughout your life.
Fully agreed! A bit like your NI number, that you are born (and die) with? AL :o
Gone but not forgotten...
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Austin7 & PaphosAl

Security No more no less why the numbers are changed on renewal.

In my post on 18th May and that of Trev I did say ID cards were no longer available but Trev appeared to suggest there was another one besides the plastic type. I came here in September 2007 and registered with Immigration in January 2008 as required and was issued with my Yellow Slip which did not require renewal. My enquiry was due to mistakenly believing that Trev was suggesting another card was available and, if so,I would find this easier to carry around with me. I was not at any time suggestingI did not have a valid passport and it has never nor will it be my intention not to renew it as and when same expires. I have travelled to and thro to many overseas countries over the years and have always used it complete with visas as and when necessary. The card was purely for use in Cyprus but I have managed without for the past ten years albeit cumbersome to carry around. Thank you all anyway for your input.

Rita