Manchester Airport Hotels.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Manchester Airport Hotels.

Post by Chaddy »

We will be landing at Manchester Airport at the ghastly hour of 2.30 AM.Can anyone suggest the nearest hotel to the airport imparticular one we are able to walk to. Thanks in advance.
PolemIan

Re: Manchester Airport Hotels.

Post by PolemIan »

ast

Post by ast »

Raddison Hotel is actualy in the terminal, 10 mins walk from most diretions but its expensive, last time I stayed it was something like £150 a night but it is convenient 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I can say do not use or trust the Clayton Hotel. On one of our trips to the UK we were arriving in the early hours ie around 2-30. I booked, and paid for, a room. I phoned before leaving cyprus to tell them we would be there but not until around 3am.
When we had collected our luggage I rang for the hotel mini bus to collect us and 10 minutes later we were at the hotel reception desk..
Sorry we have No Rooms I was told... I said to the receptionist, that I had a room already booked and paid for... We Have No Rooms I was told again ... You can make yourself comfortable on the settees in the lounge, with the other people ...
It turned out that there was a Manchester United Match on during the previous evening and they had sold our room to football fans.. Unfortunately all the other hotels were full as well

Eventually I did get my money back, but nothing for the inconveience.

So, Do Not Use the Clayton Hotel
Trev..
June

Post by June »

trevnhil wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:45 pm I can say do not use or trust the Clayton Hotel. On one of our trips to the UK we were arriving in the early hours ie around 2-30. I booked, and paid for, a room. I phoned before leaving cyprus to tell them we would be there but not until around 3am.
When we had collected our luggage I rang for the hotel mini bus to collect us and 10 minutes later we were at the hotel reception desk..
Sorry we have No Rooms I was told... I said to the receptionist, that I had a room already booked and paid for... We Have No Rooms I was told again ... You can make yourself comfortable on the settees in the lounge, with the other people ...
It turned out that there was a Manchester United Match on during the previous evening and they had sold our room to football fans.. Unfortunately all the other hotels were full as well

Eventually I did get my money back, but nothing for the inconveience.

So, Do Not Use the Clayton Hotel

I was going to suggest Clayton as used often but after your experience Trev.......
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Thanks for all the imputs,we,ve decided on the Radisson.Arriving at the unearthly hours in the morning ( about 2/3 am ) a good thing is check out time is not till 12pm so can get a decent ( much needed kip ).
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

One of my first questions when I check in is usually "What time do you serve Breakfast till" :-)
Trev..
ast

Post by ast »

if i remember correctly it is 5am until 10.30am at the Radisson. or thereabouts. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

I've stayed twice at the Raddison and the first time had a small complaint so on my next visit they upgraded me - very nice too!
Was initially surprised when they failed to book me a taxi but understood why when the taxi ramp is virtually outside. Breakfast was very nice on both occasions - just a large buffet