Cathi Delaney Tala Council

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dimsum

Cathi Delaney Tala Council

Post by dimsum »

If you know Cathi that worked on the Tala Council Board one would know that if you had a problem she would always do her best to help, and if she did not know the answer she would find it or a solution. She has been the eye's, ears and mouth of the community and a great help to all. Who do we turn to now for correct answers and solutions to any problems we have, nobody. So what to do now, I for one will do all I can to overturn this, not a clue as what to do but will try. Some other EU countries have allowed the voting rights of ex-pats, we pay our taxes and are residents here. They take our money willingly but do not like it when someone stands up for us and people who are in distress goes to Cathi for help and assistance, SHAME ON THE GOVERNMENT AND HIGH COMMISSION FOR DOING SOD ALL TO HELP. She does not get paid for her work and know for one she works hours every day trying to solve problems in the community. From a Tala resident who admires all the work she has put in.
J B

Re: Cathi Delaney Tala Council

Post by J B »

dimsum wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:46 pm ............ I for one will do all I can to overturn this....................
Overturn what?
J B
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

Tanny wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:34 am On a personal basis I have always believed that immigrants of any nation do not have a right to directly vote in elections whether or not a passport is applied for and held.

A second generation family member should be able to. Thats my personal opinion.

We must remember that we are the immigrants into another country and have changed it massively over the last 40 years so immigrants ruling would certainly mean the tail wagging the dog.
This is one of your less bizarre opinions but still completely wrong-headed nonetheless. Arguing against democracy is never a good look.
WHL

Post by WHL »

dimsum wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:46 pm If you know Cathi that worked on the Tala Council Board one would know that if you had a problem she would always do her best to help, and if she did not know the answer she would find it or a solution. She has been the eye's, ears and mouth of the community and a great help to all. Who do we turn to now for correct answers and solutions to any problems we have, nobody. So what to do now, I for one will do all I can to overturn this, not a clue as what to do but will try. Some other EU countries have allowed the voting rights of ex-pats, we pay our taxes and are residents here. They take our money willingly but do not like it when someone stands up for us and people who are in distress goes to Cathi for help and assistance, SHAME ON THE GOVERNMENT AND HIGH COMMISSION FOR DOING SOD ALL TO HELP. She does not get paid for her work and know for one she works hours every day trying to solve problems in the community. From a Tala resident who admires all the work she has put in.
We have lived here for over 35 years and have had many problems to deal with over the years, we have visited the various offices, and on the whole we have been dealt with fairly and patiently, the secret is to go and ask politely with a smile, your rant sounds like little Englander syndrome, you come to live in a foreign country and demand that any problems you might have must be dealt with by an expat, Im also guessing you haven't bothered to learn the local language, no ones fault but yourselves,, you want to have a rant, try Brexit, no one else.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Following this argument, Cypriot residents in the UK still have full voting rights. Please bear this in mind. In my mind perhaps it could have been 'quid pro quo' for UK residents to be treated in a similar way here. British residents in Spain and 13 other EU countries have been allowed to take part fully in their new countries life, provided that they were already resident before Brexit.

But sadly, not to be here. Maybe it was the UK under Boris, who should have negotiated a better Brexit agreement, instead of just 'falling out' of the EU.

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:42 pm Following this argument, Cypriot residents in the UK still have full voting rights. Please bear this in mind. In my mind perhaps it could have been 'quid pro quo' for UK residents to be treated in a similar way here. British residents in Spain and 13 other EU countries have been allowed to take part fully in their new countries life, provided that they were already resident before Brexit.

But sadly, not to be here. Maybe it was the UK under Boris, who should have negotiated a better Brexit agreement, instead of just 'falling out' of the EU.

Dee
Cypriots are entitled under commonwealth rules, if they leave the commonwealth in the future, im sure they will lose their voting rights, all to do with Brexit. you leave the club, you lose your entitlements, simple.
WHL

Post by WHL »

On a side note, quite a few expats are moaning about not being allowed to have a say on the running of the country,
many of these expats have lived in Cyprus for tens of years, yet cant be bothered to learn the local language, many of those cant even say a simple good morning or thank you in Greek?, they couldn't even tell you who the President of Cyprus is, yet they demand a say in the country, Strange?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Thinking of some of the countries I have lived in (mostly non-EU) regardless of whether I was a property owner, a tenant or just staying there for perhaps 3-10 months at a time, I have always preferred to just abide by the laws and 'go with the flow' and fit in with the local community.
It is only polite and respectful to learn a bit about the country and be able to communicate at a basic level.
After all that is what drew me to visit in the first place and to stay a while longer.