Paying for booster

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sashascot

Paying for booster

Post by Sashascot »

Is there anywhere you can go and pay for a booster jag ? Went to Paphos General this morning and absolute pandemonium. I live in Chlorakas. Thanks.
WHL

Re: Paying for booster

Post by WHL »

Sashascot wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:20 pm Is there anywhere you can go and pay for a booster jag ? Went to Paphos General this morning and absolute pandemonium. I live in Chlorakas. Thanks.
No.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

You could try going for a jab in the afternoon when the hospital is very quiet and car parking is much easier..

Dee
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

or make an appointment....we were in and out in 15 mins
daveg

Post by daveg »

We too went and joined the mayhem earlier today, gave up and returned after 4 pm....still busy but moved quickly,all done within 45 mins....
Make sure you grab a numbered ticket which were on a roll near the vaccine room...
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Made an appointment..went yesterday , I was the only one there..Two minutes in and out...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

What time was that?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I've just made an appointment for next week, my wife made an appointment last week, went in on time , fifteen minutes in and out.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Could I ask how or who do you contact to make that appointment at the hospital for a booster please.
Thanks.
WHL

Post by WHL »

CYWALL wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:38 am Could I ask how or who do you contact to make that appointment at the hospital for a booster please.
Thanks.
Did it on the GESY site.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

CYWALL wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:38 am Could I ask how or who do you contact to make that appointment at the hospital for a booster please.
Thanks.
I think you’ve previously commented that you’re not registered with GESY? If that’s still the case, I think your only option is a walk in vaccination as you won’t have access to the Vaccination Portal to book a slot, or be registered to a GESY GP who may be able to book an appointment on your behalf.

Going as late as you can in the day seems to be pay dividends in terms of short waiting times based on a friends experience at Paphos General 2 weeks ago. Again based, on friends experience, avoid early morning as it’s usually full of people who need to get to work.

Ian
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

PolemIan wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:21 pm
Thanks.
I think you’ve previously commented that you’re not registered with GESY? If that’s still the case, I think your only option is a walk in vaccination as you won’t have access to the Vaccination Portal to book a slot, or be registered to a GESY GP who may be able to book an appointment on your behalf.

Going as late as you can in the day seems to be pay dividends in terms of short waiting times based on a friends experience at Paphos General 2 weeks ago. Again based, on friends experience, avoid early morning as it’s usually full of people who need to get to work.

Ian
Thanks for the info Ian. I am in GESY, don't they contact you via your mobile anymore, as they did on my first two jabs, six months ago come January, so due very soon at 73yrs.
WHL

Post by WHL »

CYWALL wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:53 am
PolemIan wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:21 pm
Thanks.

Ian
Thanks for the info Ian. I am in GESY, don't they contact you via your mobile anymore, as they did on my first two jabs, six months ago come January, so due very soon at 73yrs.
I got a message telling me in eligible for the booster, I went on the Gesy site and booked an appointment.
memory man

Post by memory man »

We both received SMS yesterday to say "it's booster time".

Went along to General hospital this morning at 10.00,
Mrs Mm had PCR test firstly (pre op) and then both had
boosters. Only about 6 people waiting at booster room.
All done within 20 mins.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is strange that some people get a booster Jab in a very short time, and yet I have seen a long queue outside the hospital. How do you bypass the long queue ??
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:53 pm It is strange that some people get a booster Jab in a very short time, and yet I have seen a long queue outside the hospital. How do you bypass the long queue ??
Make an appointment on the Gesy site, no waiting just turn up on your allotted time,
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:53 pm It is strange that some people get a booster Jab in a very short time, and yet I have seen a long queue outside the hospital. How do you bypass the long queue ??
You book an appointment.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And then do you just walk past all the people in the queue and go to the front ??
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:18 pm And then do you just walk past all the people in the queue and go to the front ??
Yes in Larnaca, they check your Id , against appointment, then after appointments are done, walk ins are next.