Mike Nesmith ( The Monkees ) RIP

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Mike Nesmith ( The Monkees ) RIP

Post by memory man »

The Monkees star Michael Nesmith dies at 78

Michael Nesmith, singer and guitarist with 1960s pop group The Monkees, has died at the age of 78.

The quartet enjoyed hits like Daydream Believer and I'm A Believer, and starred in their own popular TV sitcom.

Nesmith wrote tunes like Mary, Mary; Circle Sky; Listen to the Band; and The Girl I Knew Somewhere.

In a statement to US media, his family said he "passed away this morning in his home, surrounded by family, peacefully and of natural causes".

The group were originally manufactured for the TV show and found fame with songs that were written for them, but Nesmith, Micky Dolenz, Peter Tork and Brit Davy Jones went on to take full control of their music.

"We were kids with our own taste in music and were happier performing songs we liked - and/or wrote - than songs that were handed to us," Nesmith told Rolling Stone in 2012.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59606993
lotus

Re: Mike Nesmith ( The Monkees ) RIP

Post by lotus »

Great shame,used to love their music all those years ago,RIP Michael
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Hey hey. . . . . . . Me too. ❤❤❤

Maggie B
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

memory man wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:41 pm The Monkees star Michael Nesmith dies at 78

Michael Nesmith, singer and guitarist with 1960s pop group The Monkees, has died at the age of 78.

The quartet enjoyed hits like Daydream Believer and I'm A Believer, and starred in their own popular TV sitcom.

Nesmith wrote tunes like Mary, Mary; Circle Sky; Listen to the Band; and The Girl I Knew Somewhere.

In a statement to US media, his family said he "passed away this morning in his home, surrounded by family, peacefully and of natural causes".

The group were originally manufactured for the TV show and found fame with songs that were written for them, but Nesmith, Micky Dolenz, Peter Tork and Brit Davy Jones went on to take full control of their music.

"We were kids with our own taste in music and were happier performing songs we liked - and/or wrote - than songs that were handed to us," Nesmith told Rolling Stone in 2012.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59606993
😢
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Very sad news. RIP.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Very sad news. As an aside, his Mother invented Tippex and sold the Company to Gillette in the 70's but sadly died a few months later.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Oh no, another reminder of my youth gone. Very sad indeed.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.