Andyman's post was actually genuine.

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
cyprusgrump

Andyman's post was actually genuine.

Post by cyprusgrump »

Call me a cynic, "you're a cynic" but if this is not an advert for the security company mentioned in the OP several times including a link to their FaceArse page and posted on A. N. Other Forum then my name is Roger Kaputnik... :roll:

Two completely disguised 'burglars' who could never be identified clamber over the wall at 20:33, supposedly attempt a burglary which is not captured by the high tech security system and then appear to leave by the front gate, perfectly calmly at 20:37...?

Please!

And then, Andyman who has never posted before confirms that these same two 'guys' tried to break into his place previously...? :?
Maverick

Re: Attempted burglary in Tala last night - video footage

Post by Maverick »

cyprusgrump wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 10:04 pm Call me a cynic, "you're a cynic" but if this is not an advert for the security company mentioned in the OP several times including a link to their FaceArse page and posted on A. N. Other Forum then my name is Roger Kaputnik... :roll:

Two completely disguised 'burglars' who could never be identified clamber over the wall at 20:33, supposedly attempt a burglary which is not captured by the high tech security system and then appear to leave by the front gate, perfectly calmly at 20:37...?

Please!

And then, Andyman who has never posted before confirms that these same two 'guys' tried to break into his place previously...? :?
You're not wrong...
Andyman

Post by Andyman »

I dont really see what the problem is, bloody hell this company had footage of an attempted break in and its been shared, so what if their name is on it. The fact is this is not fake, if you would like this confirmed maybe contact Paphos Police as it has been reported to them and the footage given to them also, or contact 24/7 security. Dont accuse people of doing things without proof.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Any one smell what I smell.
emgee

Post by emgee »

One of the Directors of the Company is called Andy................
Andyman

Post by Andyman »

emgee wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 9:10 am One of the Directors of the Company is called Andy................
Yes Andy Vick he installed our cctv
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Andyman's post was actually genuine.

Post by Dominic »

I have moved the latter part of the security camera thread to the Beyond Cyprus section. I wanted it off that thread but it certainly didn't deserve the pit. As it was now, essentially. off topic, I have decided to post it in Beyond Cyprus.

It turns out I owe Andyman an apology. They contacted me and have a perfectly valid and reasonable explanation for their IP address, that actually backs up their claim. Coupled with other information I can confirm that they are a genuine poster.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.