TRAVELLING TO UK WITH JET 2

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
TandC

TRAVELLING TO UK WITH JET 2

Post by TandC »

Planning to travel to UK with Jet 2 this Sunday. Anybody recently done the same trip who can advise likely processing time with the latest documentation?.
ast

Re: TRAVELLING TO UK WITH JET 2

Post by ast »

Yes i have done this recently and no problems at all, but i travel light with no luggage only hand bags and have all paperwork on my phone and printed too, i also check in on-line and go straight through to security.

Done this on a number of occasions out of Paphos this year and most recently just a few weeks back. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
WHL

Post by WHL »

ast wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:00 pm Yes i have done this recently and no problems at all, but i travel light with no luggage only hand bags and have all paperwork on my phone and printed too, i also check in on-line and go straight through to security.

Done this on a number of occasions out of Paphos this year and most recently just a few weeks back. 8-)
Could you confirm for me please, going to the UK next week out of Larnaca, with out luggage, if I check in on line, I can go straight through to passport control, question who checks covid paper work? ie that I have booked day two test etc, cheers
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

We flew back with Jet2 last week from Paphos and made sure we were 3 hours early instead of our usual 2, and the desks were only just starting to get busy. There were 4 Jet2 departures due at the same time so it was obviously going to be busy later on. Paperwork printed off certainly helped. Booked our LFT online and they were delivered to our UK address in plenty of time for our arrival home. Took the tests, uploaded the results, and had an email back within minutes giving us the all clear.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

For what it's worth. I went through Heathrow last night on BA, I had hold baggage, I am in transit as I am flying off somewhere else this morning so classed as exempt from LTA testing. The paperwork was checked by ground staff at LCA and never got asked to show it again after checkin at LCA. I realise you are travelling with just hand baggage but I received an email from the BA telling me I had to complete a UK PLA and LFT before my online checkin status was confirmed , so could not just use the bag drop, all links were through the airline and your passenger locator number itself so I guess they also check that way.
ast

Post by ast »

WHL wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:00 am
ast wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:00 pm Yes i have done this recently and no problems at all, but i travel light with no luggage only hand bags and have all paperwork on my phone and printed too, i also check in on-line and go straight through to security.

Could you confirm for me please, going to the UK next week out of Larnaca, with out luggage, if I check in on line, I can go straight through to passport control, question who checks covid paper work? ie that I have booked day two test etc, cheers
i checked in on-line, straight through to Security and onto Departure, paperwork was checked at the boarding gate, have done the same each time and has been very smooth.(Paphos Airport)

As for the check if you have booked your day two test you need the booking number to be able to complete the UK Locator form. 8-)
WHL

Post by WHL »

ast wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:39 am
WHL wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:00 am

i checked in on-line, straight through to Security and onto Departure, paperwork was checked at the boarding gate, have done the same each time and has been very smooth.(Paphos Airport)

As for the check if you have booked your day two test you need the booking number to be able to complete the UK Locator form. 8-)
Thank you
TandC

Post by TandC »

HI ast,

Useful info thanks.

Did you upload your vax details to your PLF and did you have to insert your PLF refrence on your boarding card

Thanks
J B

Post by J B »

We did PFO to Man last night with hand luggage only - from drop of by our taxi to sitting in arrivals took us 20 minutes (much better than the 100 minutes last month!)
Paperwork was checked by the gate staff and they needed boarding pass, PLF *and* proof of vaccination.
Strangely nobody cared about the latest EZY baggage runls or whether we had speedy boarding or not but hey ho!

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:46 am I understand that two days after arriving in the UK your PLF requires you to have a lateral flow test. What if that day falls on a Saturday or Sunday? Do you have freedom to choose where you will be tested, or does the government nominate test sites? And how flexible timewise are the testing times on that second day?
What you must do is book an LFT to be done at home on day 2 and then upload the test results to your provider.
The 'man in the pub' told me that he used his sister's code from last week (to save himself a tenner) and then used the free NHS kit which he got for free!
J B
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Always, with Paphos Airport especially in the tourist season, try to avoid traveling, on a Wednesday and at weekends, if possible. Wed/Sun are the hotel change over days. More difficult though as most airlines seem to have been operating reduced flights to PFO this year... Hopefully things may improve next year!

Dee
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:46 am I understand that two days after arriving in the UK your PLF requires you to have a lateral flow test. What if that day falls on a Saturday or Sunday? Do you have freedom to choose where you will be tested, or does the government nominate test sites? And how flexible timewise are the testing times on that second day?
You can prearrange your test which will be delivered to your hotel/home for your arrival to the Uk. You do it at home then return it to a drop off or Royal Mail postal point. Some companies are Testing for All and Randox. Or you can arrange the test at a local point such as Boots who are offering the official service in many stores.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
ast

Post by ast »

TandC wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:32 am HI ast,

Useful info thanks.

Did you upload your vax details to your PLF and did you have to insert your PLF refrence on your boarding card

Thanks
T and C, you can upload your VAX details via a QR code onto the PLF or alernativly you take proof of VAX with you to show border control, i took printed copies and also the NHS app on my phone, i entered the PLF referance number at online check in before it accepted me onto the flight.

All sounds very complex but actually it is not, the passenger locator form takes 5 mins max if you have all the info to hand. 8-)
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We returned from Spain to UK yesterday and used Simply Test Me UK website. Ordered the tests when we completed the Spanish Government Health form for travel 48hrs before our flight arrival.

The tests cost £12 each and are dispatched to the address you will be staying at for when you return.
Our tests were here when we got home late yesterday afternoon, we will take them later today.

You have to take a photo of the test result with the individual code then upload it through a form on the testing website.

Confirmation of the results are coming through by email within a couple of hours of uploading them, from comments on various travel groups I am a member of.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"